Best holster/gun for a fat guy? - Page 2

Best holster/gun for a fat guy?

This is a discussion on Best holster/gun for a fat guy? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 6'3" 290 Supertuck at 2:00 G36 And it's Big-Boned ;)...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best holster/gun for a fat guy?

6'3" 290 Supertuck at 2:00 G36

And it's Big-Boned ;)

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

You seem REALLY concerned about printing.... And I know I might get flamed for this suggestion... but, Here's a big boned guy deep concealing, and drawing, a full sized 1911, and other guns from the cel pal holster.
    Cross draw, weak had draw... and within the 1.5 seconds of the Tueller Drill
    you tube video

VIP Member
    6'5" 330# - The following work for me, although I have to say that I plan to try a Supertuck in the near future as they seem to be all the rave on this board.

1. S&W 642 in a Desantis Super Fly - hides printing better than my old Nemesis

2. Taurus PT145 Pro in a Holster Company IWB with clip and 15 degree cant

3. G22 in a Galco Combat Master OWB

4. G21 in a Galco 3 slot OWB

All work well with the proper dress. The IWB tends to pull the gun in a bit tighter and basically make it blend in with the love handles. The OWBs need a bit looser shirt, but work well in cooler weather.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

6ft 340ish, Don Hume 715 at 5-530 hides my glock23 real well
    "The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion."

6-1 400lbs crossbread supertuck and full size springfield 1911 at 4 oclock very comfortable and invisible

Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    You can open carry in Virginia.
    I know, and I do now until my CHL comes in but it causes a lot of trouble. The less people that know I am carrying the better.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

I'm 6ft 285 with a spare tire. I have smaller hips and legs too. The trick is finding the sweet spot. for me its standing at 3:00, and sitting about 3:15/3:30. Sometimes I can rotate it around to 2:45 when OWB, and standing/walking. I also found that guns with short grips and angled grip extensions work better then your typical grip size and non angled magazine end for concealment. I carry a M&P 9C in a Crossbreed and you cant even tell I have it on when I IWB, and when I have to OWB, I have a cheap pancake holster I use with a loose shirt. Its somewhat more noticable, but not much. The trick there is keep your belt reasonably tight, which holds the gun close to the body, and the right shirt.

I am 6'3" and about 275. I go either with a CrossBreed ST - Taurus M85 or CBST and a Kahr CW9. Wear at about 4:00. Very comfortable.
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

After a few hours (read: around 12) of research and reading reviews and watching videos, I think I am going to go with a Crossbreed Supertuck with either a Kahr pm45/pm40 or a Taurus PT 24/7 .45/.40. Thoughts on Kahr vs. Taurus, and .45 vs .40?
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Oh, I should mention that I am open to a Springfield XDm as well, though it's bigger and less concealable.
    Semper Paratus

just about any good inside the pants holster will work, just get yourself a good gun belt. the gun belt makes it work. also a bigger shirt helps. but what you see is not what others see.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    5'11" 240= "Supertuck" @ 3:30 w/ FBI for my XDM40 & 24/7 ProC 45.

Belt= Wilderness Tactical "Instructor" 44in - OR a good leather GB from someone like Crossbreed or Tucker Gun Leather

5'11" 250lbs XD-40SC BlackHawk IWB #7 @ 4:00
    Depending on your firearm, make sure you identify what level of cant is most comfortable on your hip. I found that through trial and error that there is a specific position where I don't even notice anything uncomfortable.
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

I'm a pretty big guy and have struggled with all sorts of holsters and mag carriers time and time again. The only one that stands out for me is the Galco Miami rig shoulder carry. It doesn't print, it doesn't dig into my side or gut and it is VERY comfy and accessible in the car. Some say it's too dangerous to reach across your body to draw it. I don't see it as being more dangerous than any other holster if you draw it correctly. ie: Finger off trigger

Anyway, it works for me.
    Rip

small of back 6 o'clock?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links