Database of Church Shootings

This is a discussion on Database of Church Shootings within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a link to a site that posts,//catalogs info on church shootings. I thought I had seen it on this board a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Database of Church Shootings

Database of Church Shootings

I am looking for a link to a site that posts,//catalogs info on church shootings. I thought I had seen it on this board a few months ago, but I'm now thinking it was somewhere else.

I need it for some data to include in a "letter to the editor" as I respond to an "anti guns in church" editorial.

The site I am remembering categorized the incidents by states. I seem to recall an interactive map that we could click on.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    In 2002 my grandmother was attending sunday mass at her catholic church on long island. A man with a rifle walked in and shot the priest, and started sending bullets into the crowd. One of her life long friends was killed as a bullet put a nice hole in her chest, just feet from where my grandmother was standing.

Would this be a Dear Abby article you are responding to? If so, I read it too. I'm glad someone is responding...

kinda like this place?

Ministry Violence Statistics
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman67 View Post
    Would this be a Dear Abby article you are responding to? If so, I read it too. I'm glad someone is responding...
    no .......... recent editorial in Baton Rouge newspaper opposing legislative bill that would legalize carry in church.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    kinda like this place?

Sorta. The site I'm looking for lists incidents by states, and provides detailed description of each incident.

This may be the thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...sive-list.html

This seems to be a good site:

You could Google church shootings and see what comes up; that's how I got these two links.

Also, Voice of the Martyrs has lots of stories about "hate crimes" against Christians worlwide.

Also, from Global Catholic Network News:

20TH CENTURY SAW 65% OF CHRISTIAN MARTYRS
    Conclusions of New Study Published in Italy

ROME, (Zenit.org).- The 20th century may have been the most striking in the annals of Christian martyrdom, and a new book shows it with numbers.

In two millennia of Christian history, about 70 million faithful have given their lives for the faith, and of these, 45.5 million -- fully 65% -- were in the last century, according to "The New Persecuted" ("I Nuovi Perseguitati").

Italian journalist Antonio Socci presented his work today during a conference on "Anti-Christian Persecution in the 20th Century" held at the Regina Apostolorum Pontifical Athenaeum.

"I handed in the draft of the book in January; since then the martyrdom of Christians has had no letup," the author noted. "Suffice it to think of what is happening in Colombia and Indonesia."

In the journalist´s analysis, the term "Christian martyrs" is not understood in the specific sense of the word (with the recognition of the Church´s processes of canonization), but according to the common assessment of scholars who have compiled statistics on religious persecutions.

Socci´s map of the current persecution highlights countries where Christians are dying for their faith.

It includes the Molucca Islands of Indonesia, Bangladesh, India, Nigeria, East Timor, Cuba, the former Soviet republics, Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries, Vietnam, China and others.

According to the author, the two currents that fuel the persecution of Christians today are Communism and Muslim fundamentalism.

Socci said that persecution of Christians is currently most severe in Sudan.

Federal Bureau of Investigation

Quote Originally Posted by dawg23 View Post
    I am looking for a link to a site that posts,//catalogs info on church shootings. I thought I had seen it on this board a few months ago, but I'm now thinking it was somewhere else.
    Check with your local Federal Bureau of Investigation office.

They track this very issue and don't leave it at the the church shootings. The events include church fires, bombings, and attacks with weapons other than guns.

Hope that helps.
    Lloyd Colston KC5FM
    Altus, OK USA http://wx5em.us
    http://kc5fm.blogspot.com

VIP Member
    kinda like this place?

Very interesting article and associated links.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    kinda like this place?

Interesting info. There were fewer incidents than I figured there would be - not that any are acceptable. It also figures that the kill rate is lower when stopped by an event participant rather than by an LEO largely due to the delta in response time. Thanks for sharing this info.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I was pleased with Abby's answer to that letter. I must admit it surprised me a little.
    In case you missed it:
    Dear Abby: My parents told me that a member of their congregation carries a licensed gun when he's in church.
    He is not a law-enforcement officer or a private security guard but keeps the gun on him "for protection."
    When I asked what the pastor has to say about this, I was told, "He doesn't know or can't do anything about it."
    I suggested that Mom and Dad speak to the congregation's board of directors because it is legally and financially responsible for the church. They refused even though they are not happy about the gun issue.
    I'm not sure what bothers me more: that this man is packing heat or that my parents have valid concerns and won't speak out. What do you think?

- Gun-shy in N.Y.C.

Dear Gun-shy: If the man has a license to carry the gun, then he is breaking no laws.
    You are certainly within your rights to refrain from being in his presence. If your parents were really concerned about their safety, they would either talk to the pastor or go somewhere else to worship.
    Because they have done neither, I think you should let it go.

church carry

Well, hurrah for abby! I carry in church but noone knows it. At most services if ask she' probably say I was'nt carrying.

MJK

Ministry Violence Data

Just checked out the "Ministry Violence" data and did a quick analysis. The number of events and deaths stayed approximately constant until 2006. In 2007 deaths and events started increasing rather dramatically. Interestingly, deaths/event started to drop.

My first thought was that in 2007 the reporting process changed and more of these events became newsworthy. In the early years the number of events and deaths may have been under-reported. That's only speculation on my part, however. See attached charts for more details.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    Just checked out the "Ministry Violence" data and did a quick analysis. The number of events and deaths stayed approximately constant until 2006. In 2007 deaths and events started increasing rather dramatically. Interestingly, deaths/event started to drop.

My first thought was that in 2007 the reporting process changed and more of these events became newsworthy. In the early years the number of events and deaths may have been under-reported. That's only speculation on my part, however. See attached charts for more details.
    2009 was a rough year

I wonder what makes those people mad are they driven by demons? or they are just paranoid?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links