Belt Suggestions

Belt Suggestions

This is a discussion on Belt Suggestions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed in a previous thread, but a quick search did not pull up anything too specific. My ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Belt Suggestions

Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed in a previous thread, but a quick search did not pull up anything too specific.

My question is: can anyone recommend a good belt for both IWB and OWB carry that is at least somewhat sharp, economical, and provides good support, particularly for OWB.

I carry a Ruger P95, which, although polymer framed, is still relatively heavy compared to some of the smaller guns.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    My belt is a Wilderness tactical. I got the one with extra stitching for some extra rigidity. I like the fact that it sinches up with no holes, and as far as good belts go, it is relatively inexpensive at around $40.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Cabelas Double duty

comes in black with a silver buckle, or brown with a bronze buckle. Double layer stitched, for about $40.

Totally worth it in my book. Solid without screaming "GUN BELT" to the world. I wear it every day to my office

Thanks, guys.

I should also add that I would prefer something with a traditional stile "buckle;" ie: a pin through a hole in the belt. Also, leather would be preferred.

I got an amish belt. I don't remember where from, but if you google it, I'm sure you will find it.

It's thick, has a regular buckle, and looks pretty good. I like it and it was only about $35.

JVD
    John VanDusen

"Whether it's a football game or an IED attack, you play EXACTLY how your practice."

"Put your trust in God, and keep your powder dry." ~Oliver Cromwell

Quote Originally Posted by JVD85 View Post
    I got an amish belt. I don't remember where from, but if you google it, I'm sure you will find it.

It's thick, has a regular buckle, and looks pretty good. I like it and it was only about $35.

JVD
    Is this it? Amish Belts - Black

If so, perfect! That's exactly what I was thinking of.

I use the "Beltman" belt. The one made out of bulls hide that is much stronger than cows hide.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

I've had it for about a year and a half, it's my daily wear belt and it's FANTASTIC. This is my first gun belt and I can say that I most likely won't try anything else.

1 1/2 inch at Walmart for $12 has worked very well for me while I am trying different carry methods. You might also want to check out the Western Wear store for a more classy belt but for more $$.

Quote Originally Posted by alelks View Post
    I use the "Beltman" belt. The one made out of bulls hide that is much stronger than cows hide.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

I've had it for about a year and a half, it's my daily wear belt and it's FANTASTIC. This is my first gun belt and I can say that I most likely won't try anything else.
    Wow Those look great.... just way out of my price range

I love my Belt Man belt as well. Well worth the 80 bucks.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker543 View Post
    Is this it? Amish Belts - Black

If so, perfect! That's exactly what I was thinking of.
    I have one of those only with a western pattern tooled in it. It works great.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

i have a cheap leather belt from kohls and a good leather belt from the local gun shop. i grab the belt from the gun shop when carrying. i wear the cheap belt to work. (cant carry at work). i read on here many times a good belt makes concealed carry more comfortable. its true. the good belt was worth the 80 dollars. the cheap belt doesnt hold the gun tight, sags, just not comfortable, especialy for iwb carry. spend the money on a good belt, otherwise you may end up buying 2 belts.

Any local gun shows? Sometimes you can find a local doing it a bit cheaper. I have heard nothing but good stuff about beltman, and it's on my list of wants. But a 5.11 nylon instructor is filling the role nicely right now. A good belt makes a big difference. My cheap leather one seemed like it stretched several inches from carrying daily. I might be exaggerating, but it was not that big when I bought it! Maybe a nylon belt to use now and as a backup while you save for a nice one.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by Striker543 View Post
    Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed in a previous thread, but a quick search did not pull up anything too specific.

My question is: can anyone recommend a good belt for both IWB and OWB carry that is at least somewhat sharp, economical, and provides good support, particularly for OWB.

I carry a Ruger P95, which, although polymer framed, is still relatively heavy compared to some of the smaller guns.
    Maybe check this site out. I have the holster on order already but one of these is next for me. Heavy duty, about 1/4" thick ought to hold your heavy gun nice and snug. Gun Belt
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

5.11 makes a good leather reinforce belt for around $49.00 or less. sometimes you can find them on line for around $20.00 or lower each. i have found that they hold your gun well, just as well as the $80.00 dollar belts.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links