Hilton Hotels Are Not Gun Friendly

This is a discussion on Hilton Hotels Are Not Gun Friendly within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I strongly disagree with that hotel's policy - When checking in or making reservations I NEVER ask if they have a problem with my ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hilton Hotels Are Not Gun Friendly

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    While I strongly disagree with that hotel's policy - When checking in or making reservations I NEVER ask if they have a problem with my being armed so it's never been and never will be an issue with me.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

What! it reads: You may request in the future that the hotel store your unloaded firearm in a Safe Deposit Box during your stay.

What! they expect me to hand over my weapon to a unkown stranger!

WHAT

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Is the mattress on their bed any better than the one at Motel 6?
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by 007BondJames View Post
    Is it posted on all entrees? Legal size? Is it enforceable in that state?
    In my case, the sign looked complete and official, but was missing on a major point. So according to Texas law, it did not comply. So someone like me who found himself basically stuck there, could carry on a technicality. Not saying I did, but…

Of course I didn’t point out this deficiency to the manager. The last thing I want to do is make the sign legally compliant.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    When checking in or making reservations I NEVER ask if they have a problem with my being armed so it's never been and never will be an issue with me.
    I don't ask that. But when traveling in Texas, I do ask if they have a 30.06 sign posted (the required signage according to Texas state law). The last thing I want is to find myself having to leave my handgun in the car at the end of a long trip.

The funny thing is that question also does not tip my hand. For all the know Iím some anti-gun idiot that would never dream of staying in a Hotel without the protection of the sign disallowing concealed carry.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hmm. That is strange considering the IDPA National Championship match hotel was a Hilton last year and is again this year. I wonder how many guns were going in and out of that place over the 4-5 day period?
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Senior Moderator
    It is our policy that we do not allow anyone (including off duty law enforcement officers) to possess firearms in any of our hotels.
    Interesting.

In many states off duty LEO's that are carrying have specific exemptions which allow them to carry anywhere.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Hilton Hotels

I stayed at a Hilton property while at a 2 day CRG Class in Tenn. I carried my range bag, which is well identified as a GUN Bag in and out each day with my guns in it and CCW on myself. Not a word was said. I am a Silver member and used points for the Free stay. There was also no sign posted. I have looked out for those signs in the last 2 years and have not seen the first one and I am out and around alot.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armydad View Post
    It is our policy that we do not allow anyone (including off duty law enforcement officers) to possess firearms in any of our hotels.

You may request in the future that the hotel store your unloaded firearm in a Safe Deposit Box during your stay.
    Strange.

I stayed at a Hilton property while attending the NRA convention in Charlotte a month or so ago.

They had NRA 2010 signs up everywhere.

I also open carried in their lobby on numerous occasions and no one said a word.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I guess this isn't a place to OC. I'm sure not going to leave it in the truck where it can be stolen. If you were to shoot someone trying to harm or rob you whats the worse The hotel can do to you? Around here most of the robberies happen the parking lots or people who leave their doors open at motels

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    As am I, having carried dozens of times into Hilton properties. Never saw a sign and have seen plenty of LEO's with sidearm right on their side.

I have asked numerous managers about this and everyone of them said they follow state law regarding the matter.

I am not saying the OP is making this up, but I am definitely smelling something funny here. Maybe the OP emailed a franchise hotel in CA?
    I'm also a Diamond VIP Hilton member, been one for about 7 years now, and stay in Hiltons and it's other chains all over the midwest, central, and south eastern US, and I have never saw a posted hotel in any of the Hilton brands. One Hampton Inn (a Hilton brand) is beside a firearm training range and I have, as well as more people than I could ever count, carried openly, carried long guns, carried range bags, into this hotel with nary a word spoken about it. No offense to the poster, but you can't always believe these chain type emails, much less one simply because it is posted somewhere on the internet, so sorry, I'm not buying they are anti-gun.........

HoustonRaven
    Just got a phone call from their Honors department ...

Caller told me they follow state law in regards to CC. I brought up an earlier post about San Antonio and he said that must have been an error and that he'd follow up with the general manager.

I think you need to go past the normal email guy or first level customer service rep.
    I'd say that's the truth of the matter right there from my personal expierence of staying almost exclusively in Hiltons (and it's brands)somewhere on average of 140 nights a year.
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

Hampton Inn Addison Texas

I recently stayed in Addison Texas and the Hampton Inn had 30.06 signs posted on the front doors only. General manager told me Loss Prevention for Hilton directed them to place the sign. I have with no luck been able to get Hilton to call me back regarding the signs. Guess Motel 6 gets my business going forward.

After what happened in Mumbai India on 11/26/2008, I strongly disagree with hotels banning legally owned firearms.

2008 Mumbai attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    I wouldn't mind, though, if the night manager sent a cute little French maid around to see if I was complying.
    if she was French she wouldn't know what a gun was anyway. Not unless it was on the floor.
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    LEOs won't pay a bit of attention to that. LEO's are NEVER "OFF duty".
    In Texas it is illegal to make a Peace Officer (on duty or off) leave your property on the mere premise that he is carrying a firearm.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links