Newb Question

Newb Question

This is a discussion on Newb Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I finally got my CCP a couple weeks ago. Have been invited to a party at the home of some friends from church. They ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newb Question

Newb Question

Ok, I finally got my CCP a couple weeks ago. Have been invited to a party at the home of some friends from church. They are staunch conservatives and i know they support the 2A. My question is, when you go somewhere that you havent been and you dont know the feelings of the homeowner, do you just carry anyway? Or do you discreetly notify the homeowner?
    "The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion."

Quote Originally Posted by fathead View Post
    Ok, I finally got my CCP a couple weeks ago. Have been invited to a party at the home of some friends from church. They are staunch conservatives and i know they support the 2A. My question is, when you go somewhere that you havent been and you dont know the feelings of the homeowner, do you just carry anyway? Or do you discreetly notify the homeowner?
    What Gun?????????????
    I don't have time to distinguish between the unfortunate and the incompetent, The end result is always the same!
    Curtis Le May (1906 - 1990)

I carry 24/7/365 everywhere I am legally too. And concealed means concealed, I don't like going around letting everyone know I have a gun, the less people that know the better. Congrats on the new permit and stay safe!

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Concealed means Concealed. Do not reveal unless you have no choice, and the home owner will never be the wiser.

As an example, every few weeks, we go to the wifes grandparents home for cookouts and the such. I am always armed and have never told anyone but my wife. They have no idea and never will. And everyone stays comfortable and happy.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

IMHO, i would ask the home owner, Private property in all..

(if you feel the need to)...
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

Newb Question

Quote Originally Posted by fathead View Post
    You are among friends. Why carry?

In Fl, a homeowner does not have to be notified.

If you carry, I don't recommend drinking more than 1 - if at all.

If you carry, make sure it is truly concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA, Lifetime Member

It doesn't matter if you are among friends, anywhere anytime.

Ok, you're new at this, but why would there be a need to say anything about the fact that you are discreetly armed? The best policy is always to keep it to yourself. Especially when you are in a group of people.

Your goal should be to carry at all times when it's legal for you to do so. Eventually the fact that you are concealed carrying will become routine and a non event. In other words you won't be thinking about it.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    Ok, you're new at this, but why would there be a need to say anything about the fact that you are discreetly armed? The best policy is always to keep it to yourself. Especially when you are in a group of people.

Your goal should be to carry at all times when it's legal for you to do so. Eventually the fact that you are concealed carrying will become routine and a non event. In other words you won't be thinking about it.
    +1, I agree

GM
    Congrats on the permit!

I do not know if in NC you have to notify the homeowner about it. If you do not have to notify then I should think about if they really are close friends that I care about or not. If the answer is “yes” then you should tell them; if the answer is “not” then what they do not know about will not harm them. Fortunately I do not have that problem anymore, because since a while ago people that are close to me know that I carry; my life is so much easier now
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrats on the permit, but concealed is concealed.
    Some states do require that one requests the permission of the home owner...not sure about NC.

Not seeing any problem here... Concealed Carry Info, Maps, Firearm Forums & Community for Permit Holders
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Gratz, but keep it to yourself unless it is otherwise required by laws in your area.
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Unless it's illegal, you need to carry. Period.

In Arkansas, you're required to inform when you enter someone's home. I'd do that anyhow, regardless - to do otherwise seems pretty disrespectful to your host.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    You say it is a party. Is alcohol being served, do you plan on drinking if it is? Personally if you intend to drink alcohol I believe you should leave it at home. If you do not intend on drinking then by all means take it. I was brought up under the theory that alcohol and guns don't mix. You may wish to discreetly ask them if they mind you carrying and abide by their wishes. You may even phrase it as a hypothetical question. That way they won't know for certain if you carry or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links