Reciprocity - What can we do to help get it?

This is a discussion on Reciprocity - What can we do to help get it? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm getting ready to leave SC and head to FL this morning realizing that GA and FL will not recognize my permit. Very discouraging. ...

Thread: Reciprocity - What can we do to help get it?

So I'm getting ready to leave SC and head to FL this morning realizing that GA and FL will not recognize my permit. Very discouraging. What can we do as citizens to help achieve reciprocity?

I know there have to be some guru's with answers. I'll check in once I get back from vacation.

Tad

Wish I knew. It's my understanding that SLED has the say in who we have reciprocity with. Wish they would go ahead and recognize the rest of the south (GA, AL, MS, FL) so that vacation time would be easier once I get my permit.

SC seems strange about that. I bought a house and moved there and was told I had to live in SC for, I think it was a year before I could apply for a permit. I finally sold the house and moved back to FL.

write your congress man, the president, the mayor, governor, and senator of every state you want to carry threw. or join a police department as a reserve officer and use hr 218. now before any one says you don't get hr 218 as a reservist I've done my home work on this. if you are listed on the departments roster as an employee(which almost all departments do for insurance purposes) and meet the firearm qualifications then you are covered under HR 218.
    Hang on I saw this in a movie one time..................:flamethrowingsmiley for idpa match video click here http://www.youtube.com/v/-P3L4XfmWOg or http://www.youtube.com/v/cBkz7uZEzYs

N.H. nonresident

A 20.00 N.H. nonresident permit will cover georgia,Ala,Mississippi,Lousiana. Takes about 2 weeks. Brad

Brad, I'll probably get the NH permit once I get my SC one. That'll only leave FL off the list. I think the FL permit is something like $107 for non-res.

PA permits are good in FL if my memory serves correct. They cost around 12 bucks. Takes about 2 weeks.

But, from what I read, FL does not honor non-res permits from reciprocal states. This means I'd have to pick up a FL non-res permit to be legal there.

SC/FLA reciprocity

The problem is sure not Florida. Its with SLED if not for that agency Florida would recognize a SC license in short order. Obviously SLED has issues with the matter that few understand. Apparently the only way recognition will occur is for you Carolinians to to start really pushing your legislature. At least Florida will issue NRs....!

I totally agree the problem is SLED. I will probably get the FL non-res eventually. Unless some miracle happens and SC and FL get the reciprocity going before then.

SC seems to be too strict on lots of things. Years ago I picked up non-residents permits from Florida and Utah. Those two plus my Colorado permit gives me lots of states.

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Well I'm back from my trip and I appreciate the feedback gang. I will persue the non-res avenue but also push for reciprocity via letters I suppose.

Again, thanks for the info on the non-res.

Sponsored Links