Oregon CCW classes...in WA?

This is a discussion on Oregon CCW classes...in WA? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I already have my CPL for WA state, but I want to get my CCW/CPL for Oregon, following Gabe Suarez's suggestion to get a CCW/CPL ...

Thread: Oregon CCW classes...in WA?

Oregon CCW classes...in WA?

I already have my CPL for WA state, but I want to get my CCW/CPL for Oregon, following Gabe Suarez's suggestion to get a CCW/CPL for every state adjoining your own. I have everything else I need for the Oregon licensing, but I need the certificate of training.

I live in WA state, and I'm wondering if there are any Oregon certificate training classes given here in WA?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    I already have my CPL for WA state, but I want to get my CCW/CPL for Oregon, following Gabe Suarez's suggestion to get a CCW/CPL for every state adjoining your own. I have everything else I need for the Oregon licensing, but I need the certificate of training.

I live in WA state, and I'm wondering if there are any Oregon certificate training classes given here in WA?
    Some Oregon counties will accept this online training

MD Firearms Safety Training

I know Sheriff Glen Palmer, Grant County Oregon, will accept it, and I've read mention of some others, but don't recall which.

I just recently got my Oregon non-resident CPL. Are you are familiar with the Washington Arms Collectors(WAC) gun show that is held monthly at the Puyallup fairground? Sheriff Glen Palmer of Grant County is making it easy for Wa state residents to obtain an Oregon licence.

Here is a thread from a local forum announcing Sheriff Palmer's appearance at the WAC show, back in March. I'm not sure when he'll be returning, but he does this completely on his own time, and expense. The thread contains all the info pertaining to his requirements. Basically, you need to watch an online handgun safety course, such as the one mentioned in the previous post, print out the certificate of completion, and bring all your personal info and IDs to the show. You'll fill out an application form there, and get fingerprinted by Sheriff Palmer, himself. I received my Oregon CPL about 2 weeks later!

ATTN: WASHINGTON - OR Sheriff @ Puyallup Gunshow this Weekend - OR Non-Res CHL - General Firearm Discussion
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

I think he's also doing this for CA residents as well. OR is weird as they don't accept any out of state permits, and will only issue non-resident permits to residents of bordering states.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    I think he's also doing this for CA residents as well. OR is weird as they don't accept any out of state permits, and will only issue non-resident permits to residents of bordering states.
    I believe thats correct. If I heard that anywhere, its propably in the thread that I linked in post #3.

Terrific info!

Thanks, guys.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I am in Washington right now. I love it here and am looking to move out this way. I am sick of the Midwest and the crappy weather. ;)

Check with Cabela's down in Lacey. I took an OR cc class down there in Feb. Was pretty good. Cabela's didnt put it on, a company from OR did....if Cabelas cant fill you in, let me know and I'll see if I can find their name.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I am in Washington right now. I love it here and am looking to move out this way. I am sick of the Midwest and the crappy weather. ;)
    Just so ya know... its usually sunny and dry by mid June here.

Links