Carrying only your BUG - Page 2

Carrying only your BUG

This is a discussion on Carrying only your BUG within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only time I carry a small caliber weapon as a primary is when I am on the golf course and it is in my ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The only time I carry a small caliber weapon as a primary is when I am on the golf course and it is in my golf bag. All other times it is a Glock 23. On duty a Glock 21SF. Ya just never know. If you knew you'd have your shotgun or rifle.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Carrying only your BUG

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    The only time I carry a small caliber weapon as a primary is when I am on the golf course and it is in my golf bag. All other times it is a Glock 23. On duty a Glock 21SF. Ya just never know. If you knew you'd have your shotgun or rifle.
    The 27 is my golf gun. It is light, compact and I don't have to compromise caliber (CCW is a 23).
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    Why was she lookin' at your zipper?
    Good question. Her hubby and 2 kids were there... maybe she was bored. Her excuse: "I went to the police academy. They taught us to look for things like that."

Okaaaaaay. It was such a small bump, on black pants, that she had to be looking hard to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Uh... Is that a BUG in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Ironically, the one time I remember carrying only my BUG was the one time I was spotted carrying. This attractive, young female ex-LEO spotted the slight grip bump next to my zipper. Lesson learned: I didn't dress properly for concealment.
    Let me guess, she said "is that a gun in your waistband, or are you just happy to see me?" And you said, "I'm not happy to see you, miss."

edit: damn zacci beat me to it..
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sentioch View Post
    Let me guess, she said "is that a gun in your waistband, or are you just happy to see me?" And you said, "I'm not happy to see you, miss."

edit: damn zacci beat me to it..

And you really said, "A little bit of both"
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

I tried it once, carrying only my Ruger LCP and 2 spare magazines of Federal 90 grain HydraShok JHPs, in pants pockets, and was uncomfortable the whole time I was out.

I guess I could get used to it if I had to, but thankfully I don't.

I usually consider 400 ft/lbs minimum.

It's one thing to sit in a comfortable armchair and consider the .380, with any loading, and 16 rounds on tap, an adequate person stopper, another thing to actually live it.

And to think, at one time, because my state did not then have a concealed carry policy, I used to go out armed with much less than a reliable .380.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Uhhh........Guys...just a thought here...if you are only carrying your BUG, doesn't that make it a PRIMARY carry weapon for that particular time and not a BUG??? Just saying...
    IMHO

What happens when I leave the Sig220 home and use my EDC BUG .40 as a temp primary and also carry my Sig230 .380 in a smart carry as back up?

Does the Sig230 become the BUG's BUG?

Or is it the BUG to the now primary S&W M&P compact?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Uhhh........Guys...just a thought here...if you are only carrying your BUG, doesn't that make it a PRIMARY carry weapon for that particular time and not a BUG??? Just saying...
    My once Bugs are slowly but surely becoming my primaries, most all the time at least around the house, and quite often in travel, which I do alot.

As far as carrying my BUG instead of my prmairy, I know the old saying "never you when you are going to need it", but I feel fine with a BUG as my primary most always, and only carry my "primary" in the sense of bigger caliber/higher capacity, when I go somewhere I feel the chance of needing it is higher.

In my old age (I'm really not that old....) it is just so much easier now for the LCP or J frame than the 5" Kimber or SIG229 or G35, even though I love'em.
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

When I can not carry a full size weapon and a BUG, I carry 2 bugs (KT P3AT's) and a BU-BUG (NAA mini or Walther TPH).
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I recently bought a BUG (P238) but not because I felt I needed a BUG. I bought it for those quick trips to the store when I didn't feel like changing from my gym shorts in order to strap on a holster for the G26. I can hide the P238 somewhere no matter what I'm wearing.
    But now that I have it, I'm considering an ankle holster for it when I am carrying the G26.

Like others have also said, it fits nicely into my golf bag :)
    Death to all balls that don't fly straight! (I need more ammo)
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
    Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    The question being asked is "Do you ever carry your BUG as your primary? And if so when?
    Obviously you missed my sarcasm...but..just to put the record straight...the OP asked the following:

When do you carry your BUG (uhhh..that does mean Back Up Gun doesn't it) as your "sole" gun...He didn't mention "primary"....I did!...Now you can lighten up on me...My statement was meant as a little sarcasm and nothing else. Appreciate you being the "hall monitor" tho. I sometimes need to be looked after. Appreciate you catching my back QK Shooter!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quite often but never at night.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

I've never carried both my guns at one time. So I actually don't have a BUG. Depending on what I'm wearing is the final say on whether I have my Glock 26 or my S&W 637 on me. If I'm in jeans, the Glock always goes, short trip or not. If I'm in sweats or shorts, the S&W 637 gets the head nod on most occasions. The only change in that is if I'm going to the library late night. Then I don't feel that the 5 rounds initially coming outa Mr. Snubbie is an adequate first round draft pick.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Only when I don't have the ability to conceal 2 guns. You never know when a simple run to the corner store will be a life-changing event. I read about those situations all the time.

Ironically, the one time I remember carrying only my BUG was the one time I was spotted carrying. This attractive, young female ex-LEO spotted the slight grip bump next to my zipper. Lesson learned: I didn't dress properly for concealment.

I see no reason to only carry 1 when I can carry 2, or to carry a small gun with limited capacity when I can carry a larger gun with more capacity.

Bad things happen when people least expect them. Happens all the time.
    The bold portion sums it up for me.

Biker

Short answer......NO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links