Carrying only your BUG

This is a discussion on Carrying only your BUG within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CDRGlock The 27 is my golf gun. It is light, compact and I don't have to compromise caliber (CCW is a 23). ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carrying only your BUG

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    The 27 is my golf gun. It is light, compact and I don't have to compromise caliber (CCW is a 23).
    The G27 is perfect for the golf bag . I need to buy another gun. My wife now carries the S&W 638 as her primary so I am left with the Beretta 950 (I know,I know .25) for the golf bag. The lob wedge is not a bad CQB impact weapon though.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

I guess I'm in the minority, I only carry one gun at a time.

I carry only my P-3at at work because of the small size for Deep Concealment and I am thinking of getting a second P-3at to use so I can carry two (One BUGing the other ). At those times I am only carrying one I have my Glock 17 in the vault in my car. Most problems I would expect to be the parking lot walk to the car. Even though it is not on me the Glock could be used when I get to it and the P-3at would be there to help me get to it.

If I am carrying more than one it is either the Glock 26 and the P-3at both concealed or the Glock 17 or 19 OC and the P-3at as a concealed BUG.
    Last edited by ramrunnr; June 20th, 2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: sp err
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Sure. In just the circumstances you mention. But I try not to do that often.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Aside from two .22lr target guns with long barrels the only two pistols I have are a Glock 19 and a Raven .25; I wish I had a reliable BUG. I keep looking at these Kel Tecs and LCPs and thinking it would be nice to have a little .380 to drop in a pocket for just driving to the store for a quart of milk, but $300 is a bit steep for that little bit of extra convenience. I'd just as soon have a knife as the .25, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about walking out the door with a .380, so I use an IWB clip on holster and just walk upstairs and put on my 9mm when I go anywhere.

I personally never carry a BUG...but for the record it is impossible to not carry your primary unless you aren't carrying at all, because when you carry only one gun it is by default your primary and not your "BUG"
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

VIP Member
    Not often. Sometimes when working around the house.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have traveled to my home town this weekend with my lovely wife. It is primarily a low crime rural area. I have had shorts and sneakers on since Friday evening. My 340 M&P has been in my front pocket, and a speed strip in the weak side pocket with a Surefire E1L. My G23 with a back up mag in a n HBE Com III is in my duffle bag ready to be grabbed and strapped on in a moment. 5 rounds of .357 should allow me to fight my way to my primary.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I sometimes carry a Glock 26 to backup my Glock 17 but I feel safe with only one. I prefer to stick with the same platform and I like the ability to feed larger magazines into the smaller pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Are there times when you carry your back up gun as your sole gun? For example, today I made a quick run to the store. I had sweats and a T-shirt on and since it was just a quick run, I clipped my P3AT inside my sweats and made a quick run to the store.

Anyone ever do this?
    yup, since I dont believe in BUG I only carry the only guns I use for CC lol..same deal as only carrying one..its either the Ruger SR9c or the TaurusCH85

Sure. Running the trash out at night or other low risk events. I have occasionally worn a fancy J frame 42 with pearl grips as a BBQ gun to special events. I can carry a Kel Tec .32 in anything more than a Speedo so on those rare occasions I have to dress fancy and I'm not wearing a uniform I have dropped the KT in a pocket.

I will say that if my BUG becomes primary I will make an effort to carry spare ammo for it. I carry spares for my primary, but rarely for my BUG when it's a BUG.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links