Carrying only your BUG

Carrying only your BUG

This is a discussion on Carrying only your BUG within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are there times when you carry your back up gun as your sole gun? For example, today I made a quick run to the store. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carrying only your BUG

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Question Carrying only your BUG

Are there times when you carry your back up gun as your sole gun? For example, today I made a quick run to the store. I had sweats and a T-shirt on and since it was just a quick run, I clipped my P3AT inside my sweats and made a quick run to the store.

Anyone ever do this?

I do it all of the time. I carry around my dress rather than the other way around. I carry a Kahr P380 in the spring/summer and a Kahr PM9 in the fall/winter.

Only when I don't have the ability to conceal 2 guns. You never know when a simple run to the corner store will be a life-changing event. I read about those situations all the time.

Ironically, the one time I remember carrying only my BUG was the one time I was spotted carrying. This attractive, young female ex-LEO spotted the slight grip bump next to my zipper. Lesson learned: I didn't dress properly for concealment.

I see no reason to only carry 1 when I can carry 2, or to carry a small gun with limited capacity when I can carry a larger gun with more capacity.

Bad things happen when people least expect them. Happens all the time.

Yes on occasion. But when I do I tend to grab my S&W M&P 340 so I don't feel under gunned
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

[QUOTE=grady;1667171
    Ironically, the one time I remember carrying only my BUG was the one time I was spotted carrying. This attractive, young female ex-LEO spotted the slight grip bump next to my zipper. Lesson learned: I didn't dress properly for concealment.
    [/QUOTE]

Why was she lookin' at your zipper?

I have done that on many occasions, using my KelTec P-3AT. Now it will be my Ruger SP101 tucked into a Fist #41 IWB/SOB.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sure, all the time. My on/off duty gun is a 1911 but when I'm working in the hospital there's no way to hide it so I just wear my BUG on my ankle. It's a S&W 360J, light weight, easy to hide, great for when the big gun won't work.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Uhhh........Guys...just a thought here...if you are only carrying your BUG, doesn't that make it a PRIMARY carry weapon for that particular time and not a BUG??? Just saying...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Only when I don't have the ability to conceal 2 guns. You never know when a simple run to the corner store will be a life-changing event. I read about those situations all the time.

I see no reason to only carry 1 when I can carry 2, or to carry a small gun with limited capacity when I can carry a larger gun with more capacity.

Bad things happen when people least expect them. Happens all the time.

Uh... Is that a BUG in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Uhhh........Guys...just a thought here...if you are only carrying your BUG, doesn't that make it a PRIMARY carry weapon for that particular time and not a BUG??? Just saying...
    The question being asked is "Do you ever carry your BUG as your primary? And if so when?
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Yes, in certain situations. None of which revolve around quick trips or convenience. Most revolve around not being able to CC my G19 in a situation. I'd rather not, but you do what you have to. My BUG is a P3at too.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Administrator
    The instant you carry your BUG as your only firearm it ceases to be a BUG anymore and it becomes your primary.

Thanks for that helpful addition QKShooter.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    All the time
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I'm guilty . You could say my BUG is my primary. I carry a .380 in my back pocket all the time and only carry my 9mm on weekends or when I'm outside my normal weekday work routine.

I hope nobody meets Mr. Murphy. That's why I carry "two guns". One big, and the other bigger. WHY COMPROMISE?

If you are going to carry, then ALWAYS CARRY!.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links