Attention all ARKYS ! We're good in Maine!

This is a discussion on Attention all ARKYS ! We're good in Maine! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday the state of Maine agreed to be a recipricol state.I just recieved the confirmation email. That brings the total to 34 and counting... Add ...

Thread: Attention all ARKYS ! We're good in Maine!

Senior Moderator

Attention all ARKYS ! We're good in Maine!

Yesterday the state of Maine agreed to be a recipricol state.I just recieved the confirmation email.

That brings the total to 34 and counting...

Add another to the list!

State Police: Licenses & Permits: Weapons Permits & Professional Licensing

Concealed Weapons:

Maine has reciprocal agreements with the following States for resident concealed firearm permits:

•Delaware (March 13, 2009)
    •South Dakota (May 18, 2009)
    •Louisiana (June 25, 2009)
    •North Dakato - Class 1 Permits (June 7, 2010)
    •Wyoming (June 7, 2010)
    •Arkansas (June 21, 2010)
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

What is sad is that none of those States are remotely close to Maine. It is rare that I leave Maine but it still would be nice to visit other parts of New England without having to spend hundreds of dollars on permits.

Senior Moderator
    The Northeast has a different outlook on guns than most other states. Trying to get reciprocal benefits with some of them is like trying to pull teeth. The powers in control there just dont like the idea of people from other states being armed on their turf.

I am actually suprised that we got Maine. Right now we are working on New Hampshire and Vermont.

We wont stop until we get all of them, but until some of the people in power are changed out and more sensible people are installed,it may not happen in my lifetime or at the very least it will take years to get full reciprocity.

And then there is Illinois.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Well according to my instructor when I took the basic pistol course is that states such as NH do not have the same requirements for obtaining a CFP and Maine will only give reciprocal to states that have the same requirements to obtain ones CFP.

So if another state lacks the requirement that Maine has to obtain your CFP they will not give reciprocal.

Well, that's good to know....I guess. By the time I get to Maine, I'll probably be in my late sixties, retired, and writing my first book wherever retired authors go in Maine to write books like I see in the movies....Cape Cod? Sounds good to me.

I think they go to Castle Rock and Derry. They used to go to the town of Jerusalem's Lot, but that town appears to have died off, and has even been taken off of state maps.

Cape Cod isn't in Maine, BTW. ;)

Kewel news about Maine joining the list of states w/reciprocity to Arkansas.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, that's good to know....I guess. By the time I get to Maine, I'll probably be in my late sixties, retired, and writing my first book wherever retired authors go in Maine to write books like I see in the movies....Cape Cod? Sounds good to me.
    Cape Cod is in deep southern Massachusetts.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Senior Moderator
    Well according to my instructor when I took the basic pistol course is that states such as NH do not have the same requirements for obtaining a CFP and Maine will only give reciprocal to states that have the same requirements to obtain ones CFP.

So if another state lacks the requirement that Maine has to obtain your CFP they will not give reciprocal.
    That is correct. Lots of states require the same type of training or a minimum of hours. They are getting better though. We had a problem with Louisiana requiring 8 hours at one time and Arkansas only required 5 so for awhile they wouldnt do it. Eventually they realized that since we share a border that is was the smart thing to do.

Any state could "work it out" if they would. The problem is that some dont care too.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Links