Anyone you know, you wish didn't carry?

This is a discussion on Anyone you know, you wish didn't carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All the permit holders that I personally know are very solid people. I'm glad they are "in the club."...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone you know, you wish didn't carry?

All the permit holders that I personally know are very solid people. I'm glad they are "in the club."

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

2. Remove Ads

I only know one CCW holder that bothers me but its due to their attitude of "I can't kill someone, this is only to scare them off" During my time in the military though, I've kicked numerous people off my ranges for safety violations and sheer stupidity.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Lead Moderator
    while I don't kniow anyone who should not carry, I met several at my CCW class who should of had more training than the class offered.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

DC Founder
    I met one guy in my carry class that probably should not have passed, nor been issued, a permit. He kept telling us about different training classes he had attended in his "homeland security" job with the "government". He was full of war stories that happened both on and off the job. It turned out he was a TSA guy that ran the xray machine at the airport. Full of BS his life sounded like a Hollywood action movie....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by majordad
    My major disappointment with Mississippi' CCW is that it requires no classes of any kind. If you pass the background check you are issued a CCW.
    Several states like that. I'd like to see statistics on whether the training makes a difference, or if it's an otherwise unnecessary inconvienience to make CCW more palatable to non-gun voters and legislators.

Lead Moderator
    Training to carry, I doubt it matters much, training to survive, I feel it matters.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

there are several over on the glock forum LOL
    A gun is a useful tool for making holes at a distance

"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

The "P" Principal
    Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

99% of the people on AR15.com.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Yes as a matter of fact ....

ME

But i am too old to run, too crippled up to fight and too proud to hide so i guess ill just keep packin LOL
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by absit
    99% of the people on AR15.com.

As a matter of fact, the moron, I work with has a carbon 15 and shows it to anyone who will look at it. He tells them he got rid of his UZI because it was only 9mm and he'd rather have .308, hello AR-15 is .223, like I said he's a moron.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.” ~ Jesus

So, here we are judging others and asserting that for whatever reason *our* loves are more valuable than *theirs* and only we should enjoy the protection of carrying a firearm for defense.

For every single one of you that looks upon another man and judges him as unworthy of personal protection let it be known that there are many "friends and family" that silently look upon you as such. They silently profess that *YOU* should not be allowed to carry.

May God strike me dead if I were to look at another man, his wife, their children, and judge that they are unworthy of their God-given right to life. Never forget, neither man, nor piece of paper, give us the right to protect ourselves - we are all born with that right.

I could care less if a guy lawfully packing heat is wearing a Rolex or a Timex, dress slacks or dirty jeans, is quiet and submissive or loud and obnoxious, appears to be a *good* citizen or looks like some bum.

They all have lives, they all have families, they are just as important as you or I, and they all have the God-given right to defend themselves.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by cszy67
    So, here we are judging others and asserting that for whatever reason *our* loves are more valuable than *theirs* and only we should enjoy the protection of carrying a firearm for defense.

For every single one of you that looks upon another man and judges him as unworthy of personal protection let it be known that there are many "friends and family" that silently look upon you as such. They silently profess that *YOU* should not be allowed to carry.

May God strike me dead if I were to look at another man, his wife, their children, and judge that they are unworthy of their God-given right to life. Never forget, neither man, nor piece of paper, give us the right to protect ourselves - we are all born with that right.

I could care less if a guy lawfully packing heat is wearing a Rolex or a Timex, dress slacks or dirty jeans, is quiet and submissive or loud and obnoxious, appears to be a *good* citizen or looks like some bum.

They all have lives, they all have families, they are just as important as you or I, and they all have the God-given right to defend themselves.

Good day.

If you're unsafe, you're unsafe. None of us were talking about a rich guy in a rolex, or a poor guy with no home. We're talking about people that are just plain too stupid to responsibly carry a firearm. I don't care what your life is worth, if you're unsafe you endanger mine. If it comes down it and I have to look a man in the eyes when it will be him and his or me and mine, it will be me and mine.

Untrained (those that can't demonstrate accuracy and safety) people should not be allowed to carry, period. If you're going to take the responsbility of carrying you can take the task of training. Anyone serious about protecting themselves will practice to do so. Anyone that carries without practicing/training isn't carrying for defense.

My major disappointment with Mississippi' CCW is that it requires no classes of any kind. If you pass the background check you are issued a CCW.

I've gotten a lot of flak from gun owners about that issue. I think there should be a mandatory CCW safety course for all CCW holders. Most people that disagree with me think it'll violate people's Constitutional rights.... I don't see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by absit
    If you're unsafe, you're unsafe. None of us were talking about a rich guy in a rolex, or a poor guy with no home. We're talking about people that are just plain too stupid to responsibly carry a firearm. I don't care what your life is worth, if you're unsafe you endanger mine. If it comes down it and I have to look a man in the eyes when it will be him and his or me and mine, it will be me and mine.

Untrained (those that can't demonstrate accuracy and safety) people should not be allowed to carry, period. If you're going to take the responsbility of carrying you can take the task of training. Anyone serious about protecting themselves will practice to do so. Anyone that carries without practicing/training isn't carrying for defense.
    So you are some self-proclaimed lord of life.

* You can decide if I am safe or unsafe.
    * You can decide if I am smart or stupid.
    * You have already decided that your life is somehow more valuable than mine.
    * You have decreed that only trained people have a right to defend themselves.
    * You proclaim that only those who practice and train to your standards are worthy of self-defense.

Hey, there are hundreds of other places to live on this earth that fully agree with you: China, North Korea, Germany, France, etc. Feel free to leave anytime you wish.

For me - freedom is freedom. I respect that all men are born with the right to life (self-defense, CCW, etc.). I could care less if they are smart enough, train enough, etc. relative to MY standards.

I can never imagine our Forefathers standing there looking at a bunch of stupid farmers with no training and deciding that those hard working freedom loving men do not have the same right to life.

Assistant Administrator
    Careful folks - don't let the thread temperature rise any more
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links