Sigh......really lady? (Sonogram tech)

This is a discussion on Sigh......really lady? (Sonogram tech) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I went in for a gallbladder sonogram bright and early at 8am today (looked clear) and when I laid down, I had to pull ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sigh......really lady? (Sonogram tech)

Sigh......really lady? (Sonogram tech)

So, I went in for a gallbladder sonogram bright and early at 8am today (looked clear) and when I laid down, I had to pull my shirt up, as expected. I left my G27 locked in my truck, but left my Supertuck in place. As the tech starts to position and gel me up, she stops and says, "Oh lordy, you done brought a gun up in here!??!?!" (Keep in mind, she's looking directly at it so she can see its empty) To which I, while trying not to laugh, tell her no, its only the holster. "Is that legal?" Sigh.....so I got question after question which I answered politely.

She wound up not being anti-gun, just extremely ignorant of the law and about guns in general. She was also rather surprised when I started listing all the businesses around mine that had been robbed in the past year. "I thought that was a good area" to which I replied, "The world has moved on, there are no good areas anymore"
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

2. Remove Ads

Maybe you pushed her over the edge and converted one to come over to the good side.

+1 what he said...I'm feeling a range trip invitation is in order...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Bio, I think you did a good thing. You kept your temper, and obviously didn't put her down, or she wouldn't have continued asking questions. We need more of this to happen.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    "The world has moved on, there are no good areas anymore"

One of the best lines I have seen in a while.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I like how my fiancee who is anti gun questions everything I do with my gun now :p . she is very ignorant of guns and does not know the law

"I don't think you can carry that here!" (when walking into places I know I can carry)

"why is it just laying there loaded, shouldn't you put it away?" (when home, I have no kids...live alone)
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I like how my fiancee who is anti gun questions everything I do with my gun now :p . she is very ignorant of guns and does not know the law

"I don't think you can carry that here!" (when walking into places I know I can carry)

"why is it just laying there loaded, shouldn't you put it away?" (when home, I have no kids...live alone)
    I get the same questioning from my friends, even when i carry during the hunting season up at the family farm. Maybe I need to ask questions about the rilfes??

I think you described the vast majority of people you meet, not anti-gun, just blissfully ignorant. Good job educating her.

@OP, I think you did a great job in handling it. I gotta admit though I have to wonder if the thought running through her head while she looked at an empty holster was...

"If it's not holstered, where is it?!"

I would have left the holster with the gun, no reason to remove it if not cleaning or shooting...
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post

One of the best lines I have seen in a while.
    Agreed, although I personally do not find any humor in the statement.
    It's dry reflection of real world current and modern living fact.
    Which is IMHO sad and unfortunate.

A person should be able to go to the doctor or drive up/down/across town and not have to think let me get my gun and holster up before walking out my door.
    There should be "good areas", and those areas should be everywhere where every person of any socio-economic background might sleep n' eat.

But sad fact is Aunt May, Sheriff Andy and Deputy Fife as well as Otis the cordial & respectful town drunk have all passed away.
    The children they and others left behind are not so friendly, not so cordial, not so trusting and most pies served these days come from the frozen section of the local supermart and rather than being air cooled in a window are microwaved and eaten as whole by a single mother...
    While watching television news reports of her sons & friends being 'cuffed n' stuffed' by cops who now days dress and act no different than those doing time in the military at foreign lands such as overseas and up the street at the state penitentiary.

Times have changed.

Goof job Mortis for being cordial and informative as well as understanding (the bigger man) as rather than short and combative as some people would and do respond in such cases, being poor examples for the rest of us good people.

- Janq

"It ain't Ozzy and Harriet." - H.I. McDonough, 'Raising Arizona'
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Every time there's a report of an armed home invasion on the news, I make it a point to say, "That's why people keep guns at hand even when home," to my wife. I get to say it pretty regularly these days. She's not anti-gun, more indifferent than anything. She's starting to agree with me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sig, I was at hunt camp one year. I left my cocked and locked 1911 in the pocket of my cot. I carry the .44 when out in the field. I went to check it and someone had unloaded it for me. I guess it made some people uneasy. I was pissed. Stay out of my gear! Glad they didn't shoot them self.
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    why not carry both the 1911 and the .44 and ctsketch, not to be disrespectful, maybe you should consider educating your fiancee more, obviously guns are part of your life, you need to try to get her more used to them and educate her on the law. If she is not willing, better concealment is in order
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis View Post
    @OP, I think you did a great job in handling it. I gotta admit though I have to wonder if the thought running through her head while she looked at an empty holster was...

I would have left the holster with the gun, no reason to remove it if not cleaning or shooting...
    I have a hard mount holster in my center console that I use if I can't take a gun somewhere... My favorite burrito places serve beer, movies, posted place, post office (park on the street), etc.

Removing the holster is easy, reholstering requires loosening the belt and is kind of a pain. So I move from one holster to the other and wear an empty holster.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis View Post

don't always take my holster off when I have to take gun off (as when I go into Wi 10 miles to pick up a load) just keep it covered as if I'm ccw.
    "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you !!!" Henry Kissenger as a wise man said to me strive to own one of every type and caliber

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links