CC'ing two

This is a discussion on CC'ing two within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been moon lighting on the side for a couple of weeks doing some security work for some friends. They have a seasonal business that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC'ing two

Wink CC'ing two

I've been moon lighting on the side for a couple of weeks doing some security work for some friends. They have a seasonal business that requires night time security and I volunteered to help out. Anyway, I decided to not only carry my usual NAA 380 but also my G27. This business includes LOTS of cash sales so after thinking about it a bit I decided on taking the Glock also. It feels a bit strange and it may be a bit of over kill (no pun intended LOL). The NAA is pocket carry and the G27 is in a Fobus under a shirt. I also have a spare full size mag for the G27 in a Fobus mag/Surefire Light holder on the left side. It's a bit heavy but it works pretty good.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

2. Remove Ads

Two guns are better than one...nothing wrong with a plan.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Sounds good. Primary and a BUG. Since you're working nights, do you have night sights on the Glock?

Oh yea! My G27 came with night sights. I actually ordered two of these and sold one of them right after I got them. They had sequential serial numbers and both had the Glock factory night sights. It's an older one because I guess it's hard to get them now with night sights????
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

I always carry at least two guns on me. Currently I carry a G30 IWB and a S&W M&P 340 on the ankle. I was taught long ago by one of my training officers that 1 is none, 2 is 1, 3 is 2....
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I think the .380 is undergunned for any situation. So having it as a back-up to a nigher capacity more powerful weapon is its rightful spot.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

VIP Member
    Be sure to check your local laws on that. Some states require a specific license to be an armed security guard.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

It's part of my EDC. I always have a pocket pistol and one of my primary's either on my person, or within reach while I'm at the office. Just makes sense to be prepared in the event one goes down while away from the house.

Good luck, stay safe.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    I always carry a Ruger LCP in addation to what ever I'm carrying.

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    After doing FOF earlier this year I have seen the need to carry 2 guns. There were lots of hits in the hands and arms that could effect your using your gun hand. If you were to drop your gun because of being hit in the hand, are you going to stop in the middle of the fight to pick it up? I don't think so (and not get shot). Plus a New York reload is faster than a mag reload.

So I have started to carry XD service and XDsc, both appendix carry one on the right and one on the left. Both can be reached with either hand. Now I just need to get a mag set-up I can reach with both hands. Thinking I will go with one extra service mag on each hip.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I carry my SR9 and my BUG (PT92C) when i travel inside of Philly, any other places i only carry the SR9.
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

two

two is 1 . 1 is none.
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I have regularly toted two concealed handguns since 2002, and did it occasionally before then. Accessibility options* is the main motivator, with my ambi-dexterity a related reason. (I am left-handed, but right-armed, and have long used many tools in either hand, not just guns.) During part of that time period, my usual carry guns were multiple SP101s, and the five-shot capacity was an additional motivator to carry more than just one gun.

I should add the disclaimer that I am a police officer, and though I live in a small city, it is surrounded by a HUGE city, and not only do I work for the larger city, but part of my assigned patrol area borders my home city. I do sometimes see my, um, shall we say, "clientele" when I am off the clock, and they sometimes travel in packs.

My current ensemble is usually a P229 in a belt holster, and a second P229 in an off-body Safepacker, or a P229 inside a belt-mounted Safepacker, and an SP101 in a pocket. When I carried multiple SP101s, one was almost always at 0300 in a belt holster, and the second could be in a pocket holster, another belt holster, or off-body. I used to use an ankle rig some of the time.

*Accessibility options includes not just one hand being otherwise occupied, but also one hand being injured in the fight, and even such mundane stuff as being seated in a tight spot.

I'm surprised you can keep you pants up! I'm guessing if you feel like its a good idea then it is. I always carry two handguns to work.

I carry a G22 OWB and a Kahr P40 as a backup. I have at times carried a NAA .22 mag at times in addition to this.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links