CC revolver loads

This is a discussion on CC revolver loads within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I carry my GP100 I stagger Hornady LeverEvolution and CCI Shotshells for that extra BG repellent. Does anyone else do this? It looks particularly ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CC revolver loads

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...

CC revolver loads

When I carry my GP100 I stagger Hornady LeverEvolution and CCI Shotshells for that extra BG repellent.
    Does anyone else do this? It looks particularly nasty when your looking at the business end of the cylinder.
    -if i was BG i would have trouble not pooping my pants.
    Attached Images
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

2. Remove Ads

Looks like a box of Crayola Crayons fill into your cylinder
    But on a serious note since most encounters happen in no/low light situations I doubt the bad guy would even be able to see your colorful rounds.
    On another note why the shotshells All the reports for the Taurus Judge and the .410 shot shells having little to no use in defensive situations would have turned most people away from an even smaller shotshell IMO
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Considering to find the shotshells on the CCI website you have to look under The Pest Control/Speciality section....

"Pests can be hard-to-hit problems. At CCI®, we've designed options for the needs of shooters. Our shotshell options are excellent answers at short range, while the CB long's accuracy makes it an ideal choice when pests present themselves a bit farther out. And for those times when no bullet is the best choice—our Noise Blank is available. What sets us apart from everyone else is CCI's industry exclusive in the Pest Control/Specialty line."

CCI Ammunition - Pest Control/Speciality
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Well, I dont have a shotgun and i figured...no one wants a face full of #9 especially if theyre not expecting it out of a revolver.
    Also, the girl in question in another thread of mine on DC was bitten by a copperhead and we had to take her to the hospital and do the whole antivenom thing. Thats another story for another time. Now i carry the GP when im going in the woods and I carry the loads just like that so that I can use three shotshells on a snake or shot/slug on BG.
    Its kind of funny, when we got to the ER at the hospital, the nurse at the front desk asked if I was in there a month earlier for a gunshot wound, hahaha

Does it mention how expensive these freaking things are?/

The ones I have arent noise blanks. My boss says he uses them and the shot goes through a sheet of plywood.

VIP Member
    Very simply, shotshells in a pistol caliber are a bad idea for SD. (On a side note, most knowledgeable folks consider birdshot out of a SHOTGUN to be a poor choice for SD - imagine how less effective a pistol full of sand is going to be...)

If you are pulling the trigger on a firearm, it's because you are responding to an immediate threat of death or grave bodily injury. That is not the time to "intimidate," "irritate," or otherwise do ANYTHING other than stop the threat. Shotshells are about the poorest choice for stopping the threat that exists for a handgun.

Not to sound harsh, but dump them, and fill all your cylinders with a high quality defensive load. You are already on the low end of the capacity spectrum, why waste half your rounds with ineffective ammo?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

You should have stated in the OP that you only carry it as a trail gun. And as far as carrying for self defense I would just stick to 6 rounds of .357

well i dont carry it as a trail gun, i just figured I would have a better spread if i had some sort of shot. You cant tell me a load of something like that wouldnt stop someone. especially in the face. if it can go through a sheet a of plywood dont you think it would cut through clothing just fine. And if the attacker is within 3 yards or 5 yards, you wouldnt find this type of ammo to ward off an attack?

I mean, I carry it as a trail gun but also is my car gun

VIP Member
    Again, quite simply, no. It won't stop someone. It won't go through heavy clothing, it won't penetrate sufficiently through skin, and it won't hit anything important on a BG. IF (and that is a HUGE if) you manage to hit the BG in the face, you might be able to blind at least one eye. However, that it not stopping the threat.

If you think you are going to get attacked by a piece of plywood, maybe shotshells are ok. Against an armed attacked who is actively trying to kill you, it's a no-go.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    well i dont carry it as a trail gun, i just figured I would have a better spread if i had some sort of shot. You cant tell me a load of something like that wouldnt stop someone. especially in the face. if it can go through a sheet a of plywood dont you think it would cut through clothing just fine. And if the attacker is within 3 yards or 5 yards, you wouldnt find this type of ammo to ward off an attack?
    And you can't tell me that a round of Speer Gold Dot or CorBon .357 mag. wouldn't be 100x more effective in stopping that same bad guy if hit in the face

OKAY OKAY i just thought geez theres a lot of shot in there....
    sidenote - a sheet of plywood killed my father!

at least the leverevolutions wont get any complaints I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    OKAY OKAY i just thought geez theres a lot of shot in there....
    sidenote - a sheet of plywood killed my father!
    Did it fall and crush/injure him or was it being wielded by an attacker?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links