How to carry wearing a kilt.

This is a discussion on How to carry wearing a kilt. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wraymusicman I'm still trying to figure out how you would wear a kilt and work on scaffolding ................. Its easy, when Im ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to carry wearing a kilt.

Scaffold

Quote Originally Posted by wraymusicman View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how you would wear a kilt and work on scaffolding .................
    Its easy, when Im on the scaffold I dont have to look up and see me.
    Alex!
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis View Post
    Now there's a one shot method to make sure that no one tries to disarm you!

Best of luck to you!
    Heh. Reminds me in a scene from Formula 51 where the Brit gangster goes to search Samuel L Jackson for weapons, and he raises his kilt up a bit. The mobster just throws his hands up and backs away.

Senior Member Array KiltedTexan's Avatar
    Alex, the NightStalker supports my XD .45 just fine.. in fact, Jerry designed it to handle a 1911, which is similar in weight... I've had no problems with it at all. You're right, their service is responsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcantslee View Post
    How is the durability on the Nightstalker? Ive worn some of their kilts and liked them and thought the sporran looked neat but wasnt sure if it might support any weight. Their customer service has been excellent as well.

Alex!
    XD Service .45 ACP
    XDM .45 ACP Bi-Tone
    Ruger LCR .38 Special +P CT
    Texas CHL
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I never knew so many men wore kilts. I see them at the Scotch Games in KC once a year, but don't usually see them out.
    Always thought they were "cool" and kind of hot . Must be my Scotch Ancestors influence.

It really showcases a nice pair of man's legs. I guess it is like they always tell us women...if you have a nice pair...show them.
    Make that Scots or Scottish; scotch is whisky.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    I would like to know also. Sometimes I wear skirts and was wondering how I could still carry. Thing is I read somewhere that the thigh holsters can be very aggravating to wear.
    Aggravating to the person wearing, or their boyfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by KiltedTexan View Post
    Alex, the NightStalker supports my XD .45 just fine.. in fact, Jerry designed it to handle a 1911, which is similar in weight... I've had no problems with it at all. You're right, their service is responsive.

I think Ill give one a shot, I need to order a new kilt anyway for a wedding, if I'm gonna put a dent in the account, may as well make it count!

Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by alexcantslee View Post
    I think this is one dept I can chime in on....

I wear a kilt every single day. I also carry a Kimber Pro Carry II everyday. I don't own pants and I hate them so much I have a video of me burning my last pair.

Glad to see another fellow kilted guy on here who carries.

Alex!
    Count me in as a kilter too, not everyday like you alexcantslee, but often. BTW...are you also a member of the "Brotherhood of the Kilt?" If not, come checkout the forum.

A few more comments on the subject. . .This isn't my choice but I hear of other kilters liking this rig by "ChickHolsters.com" Again, not my choice.

Another option is the NeoKilt ..."Perfect for the kilted marksman, the concealed carry pistol sleeve (CCPS) gives the Neo Kilt wearer the freedom to carry his/her pistol while kilted.". (link below)

My "everyday" kilt of choice is the modern interpretation of the kilt by Utilikilt and with my Utilikilts there are plenty of pocket carry options like a good pair of cargo pants, but the best part is my tuckable IWB holster works just fine with it too. Remember, that just because kilts don't have "legs" doesn't necessarily mean you have to change your carry options.

oh yeah...and for those that never have, be warned...kilting is VERY addictive! And for the record....every "man" that makes light if kilts, I assure you there are 20 women that love a man in a kilt! Trust me on that!

Neokilt

Last edited by ZRow1; June 30th, 2010 at 08:29 AM.
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

Quote Originally Posted by ZRow1 View Post
    Count me in as a kilter too, not everyday like you alexcantslee, but often. BTW...are you also a member of the "Brotherhood of the Kilt?" If not, come checkout the forum.

A few more comments on the subject. . .This isn't my choice but I hear of other kilters liking this rig by "ChickHolsters.com" Again, not my choice.

Another option is the NeoKilt ..."Perfect for the kilted marksman, the concealed carry pistol sleeve (CCPS) gives the Neo Kilt wearer the freedom to carry his/her pistol while kilted.". (link below)

My "everyday" kilt of choice is the modern interpretation of the kilt by Utilikilt and with my Utilikilts there are plenty of pocket carry options like a good pair of cargo pants, but the best part is my tuckable IWB holster works just fine with it too. Remember, that just because kilts don't have "legs" doesn't necessarily mean you have to change your carry options.

oh yeah...and for those that never have, be warned...kilting is VERY addictive! And for the record....every "man" that makes light if kilts, I assure you there are 20 women that love a man in a kilt! Trust me on that!

Neokilt

I hadnt checked out Neokilt in forever! I dig that they have the conceal carry built in option. Not sure how well it would retain, etc...but it might be just what the dr ordered for small pistols.

I had also considered at one point trying to rig up something that would attach to the 6 snaps of glory on the UK and hang off the back of the apron but I never could come up with anything that was going to work.

I have to agree on the ladies, they love a guy in a kilt. I sold LOTS of them to men because their wives made it clear they were getting one. I love the guys that "brag" about the 15 dollar walmat pants. Wow, bet the ladies come flocking to see you in those huh?

Alex!

personally I carry with a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster when I'm wearing my kilt

Quote Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
    personally I carry with a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster when I'm wearing my kilt
    I also have a Serpa for my Glock, but we still can't open carry in Arkansas and since I rarely go "untucked" or wear an outer garment like a coat to cover while in a kilt, that would not be an good option for me. I tend to pocket carry my LCR or sometimes my Bersa, but the LCR is much better suited for the job weight wise.
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

Quote Originally Posted by cl00bie View Post
    Just go for the bigger caliber and you'll be fine.
    Oh, That's cold!!!

Cold

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkahuna View Post
    Oh, That's cold!!!
    Man, that IS cold!

Wish I had thought of it :)

Went order my new kilt and sporran tonight and they are out of my size unless I can go from a 44 to a 32 in a few days. So the test to see of the nightstalker sporran will fit a 1911 remains to be seen...

Alex!

You could get a tactical kilt.

Tactical Kilt | The Firearm Blog

She once asked: "Is that a pistol in your sporran or are you just happy to see me?

Tactikilt

Quote Originally Posted by Dave217 View Post
    You could get a tactical kilt.

Tactical Kilt | The Firearm Blog
    The kilt in that particular photo is just a standard issue Utilikilt Original. Its a 10 ounce cotton poly blend(Like the one Im wearing today) A few of the posters on that page were concerned it might not be, they thought the snap layout too wide. UK's snaps widen out on the larger sizes, over a 38-or39 they have a spread to them. ON a 60 the bottom two snaps are almost 6 inches apart!

The best "Tactical" kilt Ive seen is the ones from Needle Pimp He does a lot of the velcro, hidden pockets, break-open pockets. VERY cool stuff.

Alex!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links