oops at the movie theatre

This is a discussion on oops at the movie theatre within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well my darling pregnant wife and i went to see toy story 3 on saturday. Pretty good movie and my wife is an emotional wreck ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oops at the movie theatre

oops at the movie theatre

Well my darling pregnant wife and i went to see toy story 3 on saturday. Pretty good movie and my wife is an emotional wreck at anything remotely sad. (thought i was safe with toy story, but oh no!)

Anyway, she calms down while watching the credits/extra footage and we get up to leave with everyone else. I am wearing a g19 in owb pancake under a loose cover shirt.

What i had forgotten was that i had partly stuffed my shirt down between my holster and body when the lights dimmed to be a bit more comfy. (new holster i'm breaking in, so its still stiff and pokey)

As usual when i stand up i touch my elbow down there to make sure nothing is printing/showing. When my forearm touched leather and plastic instead of tacky bowling shirt, i quickly covered up and looked around to see if anyone saw.

Naturally in the seat behind me is a dad with eyes like dinner plates.
    I just smiled and said" Pardon me" and left with the crowd.

I have been carrying concealed for about 4 years and this was my first time "exposing" myself in public.

This of course on the heels of my mental patient home depot fiasco(in the scenerio section) Its been a rough week!
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

2. Remove Ads

You have to check the "RATINGS" before going to the movies! Those "G" rated ones will get you every time!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

It happens to all of us sooner or later.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Handled well. Carry on.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

That happened to me last summer at a local movie theater around here when someone saw my exposed handgun (my shirt rode up while I was sitting in the end seat near the front) and told the off duty cops that were working security (opening night for a big summer blockbuster)
    They came and pulled me out of the theater. They asked if I was carrying and I told them I had a Kimber Ultra Carry .45 on me They tried taking me outside until I mentioned that I was a LEO and then they just checked my ID and let me go back in. The movie theater manager had a few choice words for me about how it isn't safe to carry and why did I need to carry to movie theater He also tried to have me removed He wasn't very happy when me and the other officers had quite the long talk with him about a persons right to carry and how they were not going to ask me to leave
    I still wonder to this day how things would have played out if I wasn't a LEO and was just a regular citizen exercising my right to carry Also the movie theater IS NOT posted as a No Carry Zone.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    The movie theater manager had a few choice words for me about how it isn't safe to carry and why did I need to carry to movie theater
    Was he afraid you gun was going to jump out of your holster and shoot someone?

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    That happened to me last summer at a local movie theater around here when someone saw my exposed handgun (my shirt rode up while I was sitting in the end seat near the front) and told the off duty cops that were working security (opening night for a big summer blockbuster)
    They came and pulled me out of the theater. They asked if I was carrying and I told them I had a Kimber Ultra Carry .45 on me They tried taking me outside until I mentioned that I was a LEO and then they just checked my ID and let me go back in. The movie theater manager had a few choice words for me about how it isn't safe to carry and why did I need to carry to movie theater He also tried to have me removed He wasn't very happy when me and the other officers had quite the long talk with him about a persons right to carry and how they were not going to ask me to leave
    I still wonder to this day how things would have played out if I wasn't a LEO and was just a regular citizen exercising my right to carry Also the movie theater IS NOT posted as a No Carry Zone.
    Well of course he was right. Don't you realize that criminals don't go to movies? ROFL!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Was he afraid you gun was going to jump out of your holster and shoot someone?
    I wouldn't doubt it. He was probably more afraid of a 22 yr old with a gun more than anything

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Well of course he was right. Don't you realize that criminals don't go to movies? ROFL!!!!!!!!!
    I must have missed that chapter in the Bad Guy Handbook
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Funny stuff, It happens though.

Now in Michigan you have to be careful with those movie theaters. If the entire complex, like an 18 screen multiplex, seats more than 2500 total, its a NoNO for carry. According to MCRGO that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    ...I have been carrying concealed for about 4 years and this was my first time "exposing" myself in public.
    well... there are worse ways of exposing yourself in a movie theater

COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    Careful, that last post might get u a warnnnnninngggg
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    I said one word which was completely edited (i even edited it) and the moderators are on me like white on rice.
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    well... there are worse ways of exposing yourself in a movie theater

Great almost choked to death on my coffee rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    I said one word which was completely edited (i even edited it) and the moderators are on me like white on rice.

A Copy & Paste From the Forum Rules Page

4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders.
    Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed.
    Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked.
    NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also from the forum rules page:

A note on FREE SPEECH:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends.
    We are, however, a privately owned venture and as such, your freedom of speech does not grant you a right to post anything you may wish to say on this forum.
    These rules are a contract you agree to when you become a member of this forum and members are expected to adhere to them.
    Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights.

If you do not like our rules or feel you cannot follow them, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own.

If you feel you can abide by these rules, we hope that you join us on DefensiveCarry.com. We invite you to share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie.
    "Share what you know, learn what you don't."

When a shirt rides up I just nonchalantly pull it down and act like I am any other person adjusting their shirt. Almost all people are oblivious to their surroundings let alone what is on your belt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links