Step daughter has her CCW :)

This is a discussion on Step daughter has her CCW :) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Beth got her Bersa on her birthday back in February - my present to her. Since then I have put her thru what was essentially ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Step daughter has her CCW :)

Assistant Administrator

Step daughter has her CCW :)

Beth got her Bersa on her birthday back in February - my present to her.

Since then I have put her thru what was essentially the NRA Basic Pistol and most of Personal Protection, all rolled into one. In fact she had shot before plenty of times but never had her own piece. She is red hot on safety which in particular I find most reassuring.

I now felt she was ready and as she had decided to risk life and limb on the back of my bike - going to collect her degree from college - I said hey - why don't we swing by the SO on way home. Within 30 mins we were on our way again, $26 for five years - done deal.

Now to get her more range time when we can but - another member joins our ranks.

For those who never saw her on the CCW mag' cover last year - here it is again She is sporting my lil' R9 set up as cross draw. If QK can post glamor, so can I

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Excellent and congrats better watch them sigs she might be after them next

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    great and congrats
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Assistant Administrator
    Bud - SIG's are safe! They are too large for her to be comfortable with.

Could be tho down the line she might find the SW99 useful - she gets on with that quite well
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    Chris, congratulations on adding another to our ranks. Is she going to keep carrying the Bersa?

I have convinced my wife to move up to 9mm. On our anniversary (6/3) she bought a Kel-Tec P11. Right weight and size for her. She did not get to fire it first. We live in a very rural area and it is about 50 miles to any range and closer to 100 to one that has pistols to rent. The first time she fired the Kel-Tec I could tell she was disturbed about something. When I fired it I knew what it was. The trigger on it is awful. Actually that is not a strong enough word. After about 20 rounds she simply said, "Sell it or take it to the gunshow on the 17th and trade if for something I can use." Unusual for her.

She wants a SA/DA semi-auto in 9mm that is about the same size and weight as her Bersa .380. And amazingly after lots of research I found 2. The CZ 2075 RAMI P (with polymer frame) is the same length, .05" less in height, .1" less in width, weighs 1/2 oz. more empty, and comes with a 10 rd and a 14 rd mag. This is her first choice. The Bersa Thunder 9 is .1" shorter, .25" less in height, .1" wider, and weighs 1 oz. more empty. It comes with a 10 rd mag. So tomorrow I go to a gun show with the mission of becoming the proud owner of a CZ 2075 RAMI P in 9mm.

If I find one we will test it Sunday afternoon so when your step daughter wants something with a little more power your research will have already been done. I hear nothing but good things about the CZ RAMI. I have done more reading about it than I did the Kel-Tec. I found bunches of complaints about the Kel-Tec trigger after she bought it and instructed me to part with it.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Congratulations! Excellent! I'd love for my CO based daughter to do so, as well as Boston based son & daughter-in-law (fat chance in MA), but Kudos to Chris!!! BTW - She's much nicer looking - and I can tell she doiesn't wear socks and ..........

Congrats on the new Degree, too!

Assistant Administrator
    and I can tell she doesn't wear socks and ..........
    Haha - correct Richard - pretty things like that do NOT emulate ugly old pharts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh George - sorry just saw you'd posted too. Yes the Rami is a gun I have taken more than a single look at - not for me as I like large but yes - just maybe suitable for Beth.

As I mentioned tho I think my SW99 compact seems to fit her well but for now she is more at ease with the smaller cal - and shooting it pretty well too - so probably best stay with Bersa a while yet. I think she will keep that anyways even with a change - it may well just suit for a purse BUG or general spare.
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    Leah will not give up her Bersa. I know she will find something to do with it. We ordered her a Coronado Leather purse last week and it came in Tuesday. She is now carrying when ever the purse is with her. She is trying to make it a habit to pick it up anytime she leaves her office. I imagine the Bersa will continue to be worn in a paddle holster around the house and yard.

I am also looking for a Beretta Bobcat for her to keep on her person. It has several features that work for her. The ability to load without having to rack the slide is one. She does not want a DAO so that eliminates everything else. She also likes the decocker and safety. The Beretta will probably have to wait until August. I am hoping that Beretta will be selling the guns that we shoot at Range Day for a good used gun price. I suspect that I will be in the market for the Cx4.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Lead Moderator
    Nice, glad she is armed with a degree and a gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

DC Founder
    Tell her congratulations on both the degree and the permit and then invite her to become a member here....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Nice to know she will be well protected
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Congratulations Beth

Look like she may have designs on your R9, Chris
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - no risk for the R9 Rick - she finds that lil' sucker bites too hard!!!

invite her to become a member here....
    I'd love her to join but - ya know - 21 and those things called boys etc - just can't see her gettin' too much puter time these days!

She is tho a real treasure I'll tell ya that - even tho I am but a step dad.
    Chris - P95

Maybe she'll will have good Taste S&S and get a little 1911

Well, congratulations to her on both the degree and permit. Wish I could get my wife interested in shooting and self defense as well ... something about redheads with firearms - hubba hubba! Wait, she knows where I sleep.
    Jack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links