Gun-Toting Homeowner: 'Shut Up -- No Crying' - Page 3

Gun-Toting Homeowner: 'Shut Up -- No Crying'

This is a discussion on Gun-Toting Homeowner: 'Shut Up -- No Crying' within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey TunnelRat... I'm right down the road from you... in Anderson. We have had quite a few good stories recently, unfortunately there were plenty of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey TunnelRat...
    I'm right down the road from you... in Anderson.

We have had quite a few good stories recently, unfortunately there were plenty of bad ones along with it.

I have heard folks start to refer to Spartanburg as Murderburg.

I think SLED should make a CWP training and licensing trailer... "Coming to a city near you" Maybe put Spartanburg first on the list of stops.

We need some more folks like Mr Easler.

-matt

That man is awesome. good for him, he may have convinced a burglar that a life of crime isn't his fortay.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Wonderful!! It is beautiful to hear of these stories of true self defence! Hopefully the BG will learn his lesson and get money the way I make it! The new printer works great (Just Kidding) get a job or make your own garden and sell the fruits of labor!
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 376matt View Post
    Article Here

SPARTANBURG, S.C. --

James Easler used his handgun to hold a burglary suspect until deputies arrived
    A man who deputies say burglarized a home got more than he bargained for when the gun-toting, tough-talking homeowner caught and held him until deputies showed up.
    Ken Easler, 73, said he went into his home on Jones Road before heading to the farmer’s market on Saturday morning when he heard someone inside the house.
    "I was taking produce to the market," he said. "I was going in the house to get something to drink."
    Easler said when he went into the house, he heard someone upstairs. He grabbed his gun and waited for the person to come downstairs.
    "I put the clip in and jacked one in the chamber, and when I did, he had already started down the steps. He sat down. He sat down and held onto the rail.
    "(He) started saying stuff like, 'I had to use the bathroom so bad. I had to use your bathroom. I was walking down the road and I had this big urge to use that bathroom.'"
    But Easler wasn’t having it.
    "I told him, you know, ‘You'd better shut up and don't make any sudden moves.’"
    Easler ushered him through the house at gunpoint.
    "I put him in the bathroom and I told him, I said, ‘If you close the door,’ I said, ‘I'm going to fill it full of bullet holes, so don't close the door.’
    "He was saying stuff like, 'I've never done anything like this before. If you let me go, I'll never do it again.’ He said, ‘I don't have anything. I didn't take anything.'
    Easler called 911.
    "I said, ‘We'll, I've got an intruder in my house and I've got him at gunpoint.’"
    He said the man then tried to get sympathy from him.
    "He started like hyper-ventilating. He said, 'I've got to have water -- my heart -- I've got to have water.'
    "At one point, he started faking a cry like a baby would cry. I said, ‘Shut up, that don't work either.' I said, 'You became a man when you came in my house.' and I said, ‘I don't want to hear no crying.'”

Douglas Nickerson
    Deputies said when they arrived, they found Easler pointing his gun at a man, later identified as Douglas Nickerson, who was lying on the bathroom floor.
    Deputies said when they searched Nickerson, they found two rolls of dollar bills in his pocket. They put Nickerson in the back seat of the patrol car. They then asked Easler if he kept any cash in the house. Easler said he kept dollar bills in bundles of $50. The money was earned from sales at the farmer’s market.
    The money in Nickerson pocket was two bundles totaling $100. Nickerson was charged with residential burglary, unlawful entry and theft.
    Easler said he had never seen Nickerson before, and he has lived in the house since 1967.
    The 73-year-old said he wasn’t worried during his encounter with Nickerson.
    "I knew I had it under control because when I told him put his hands up, I told him, ‘Don't you take them down.’ I said, ‘If you do, I'm going to shoot you.’"

Best line from this is... 'You became a man when you came in my house.' and I said, ‘I don't want to hear no crying.'”
    LMAO

Nice
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

That's the best story I've heard in a long time!
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Quote Originally Posted by proliance View Post
    And stay off my lawn.

Great story!
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Now thats how its supposed to happen. The old man knew what he would do if the bad guy didn't comply and he kept his composure.

Old guys rule. My grandpas eighty years old and he could still find a way to whip me if he wanted too.

I would love to have a drink with this guy. I bet he has some good stories.

Excellent! Let this be a lesson to bad guys everywhere!

BG got lucky that time. Sure won't be next time!
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." — Benjamin Franklin

And look...no handcuffs! Just a mean attitude and demonstrated intent to shoot someone in his house.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

good for him for not listening to that guys acting and doing the right thing!
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

VIP Member
    "I put the clip in and jacked one in the chamber,...."

and

Otherwise,

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

The guy is lucky the old man didnt grab him. I delivered parts for an autoparts store for a few years. One of our customers dad was in his 80's and loved to shake my hand. I didnt want to be rude but man after 50+ years of milking cows even at 80 he could milk this young kid to the ground quickly. Old men are dangerous. My grandfather has told me several times "son Im 93 you think Im scared of prison"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    ...."son Im 93 you think Im scared of prison"
    Got to remember that one!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I'm nearly an "old man" at 57, get a "senior discount" at some stores and no longer have the physical ability to "bust chops" with my bare hands so my martial art is "Klick Boom!".

Nuff said...The Duke
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links