Gun-Toting Homeowner: 'Shut Up -- No Crying'

This is a discussion on Gun-Toting Homeowner: 'Shut Up -- No Crying' within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Article Here SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- James Easler used his handgun to hold a burglary suspect until deputies arrived A man who deputies say burglarized a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun-Toting Homeowner: 'Shut Up -- No Crying'

Article Here

SPARTANBURG, S.C. --

James Easler used his handgun to hold a burglary suspect until deputies arrived
    A man who deputies say burglarized a home got more than he bargained for when the gun-toting, tough-talking homeowner caught and held him until deputies showed up.
    Ken Easler, 73, said he went into his home on Jones Road before heading to the farmer’s market on Saturday morning when he heard someone inside the house.
    "I was taking produce to the market," he said. "I was going in the house to get something to drink."
    Easler said when he went into the house, he heard someone upstairs. He grabbed his gun and waited for the person to come downstairs.
    "I put the clip in and jacked one in the chamber, and when I did, he had already started down the steps. He sat down. He sat down and held onto the rail.
    "(He) started saying stuff like, 'I had to use the bathroom so bad. I had to use your bathroom. I was walking down the road and I had this big urge to use that bathroom.'"
    But Easler wasn’t having it.
    "I told him, you know, ‘You'd better shut up and don't make any sudden moves.’"
    Easler ushered him through the house at gunpoint.
    "I put him in the bathroom and I told him, I said, ‘If you close the door,’ I said, ‘I'm going to fill it full of bullet holes, so don't close the door.’
    "He was saying stuff like, 'I've never done anything like this before. If you let me go, I'll never do it again.’ He said, ‘I don't have anything. I didn't take anything.'
    Easler called 911.
    "I said, ‘We'll, I've got an intruder in my house and I've got him at gunpoint.’"
    He said the man then tried to get sympathy from him.
    "He started like hyper-ventilating. He said, 'I've got to have water -- my heart -- I've got to have water.'
    "At one point, he started faking a cry like a baby would cry. I said, ‘Shut up, that don't work either.' I said, 'You became a man when you came in my house.' and I said, ‘I don't want to hear no crying.'”

Douglas Nickerson
    Deputies said when they arrived, they found Easler pointing his gun at a man, later identified as Douglas Nickerson, who was lying on the bathroom floor.
    Deputies said when they searched Nickerson, they found two rolls of dollar bills in his pocket. They put Nickerson in the back seat of the patrol car. They then asked Easler if he kept any cash in the house. Easler said he kept dollar bills in bundles of $50. The money was earned from sales at the farmer’s market.
    The money in Nickerson pocket was two bundles totaling $100. Nickerson was charged with residential burglary, unlawful entry and theft.
    Easler said he had never seen Nickerson before, and he has lived in the house since 1967.
    The 73-year-old said he wasn’t worried during his encounter with Nickerson.
    "I knew I had it under control because when I told him put his hands up, I told him, ‘Don't you take them down.’ I said, ‘If you do, I'm going to shoot you.’"

Best line from this is... 'You became a man when you came in my house.' and I said, ‘I don't want to hear no crying.'”

When you gotta go, you gotta go! This moron almost went all the way to the undertaker! Great outcome!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Old men have little patience for BG's or BS.

Good guy winning with gun stories always brighten up my day. Living in seattle there aren't alot of men around, but alot of "boys"
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Thats one bad man!

You know, this might just be my new tag line"You became a man when you came in my house.' and I said, ‘I don't want to hear no crying.'”

Score one for the good guys!!!
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Neither the BG nor myself realized that Clint Eastwood worked the farmer's market.

Don't mess with Mr. Eastwood.........PUNK!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

That is pretty darn funny.

Hopefully the criminal will see the error of his ways and decide to start walking the straight and narrow. If not he better hope the next old guy he runs into is as nice as Mr. Easler.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array KiltedTexan's Avatar
    Nicely done, Mr. Easler!
    XD Service .45 ACP
    XDM .45 ACP Bi-Tone
    Ruger LCR .38 Special +P CT
    Texas CHL
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Excellent!

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Never mess with the old guys. They've heard it all before.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That's an excellent read.

And that's how it's done
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Good Job by Mr. Easler.
    SCGunLover1

Glad to hear that Mr. Easler was proactive in protecting himself and his property. I hope the story made the local newscast.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

Great job well done by the elderly but potent fellow! YES!!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links