Time for open carry?

This is a discussion on Time for open carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off, let me say that this is, for the better part, a litght hearted question... So, I've been run through the ringer by my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for open carry?

Time for open carry?

First off, let me say that this is, for the better part, a litght hearted question...

So, I've been run through the ringer by my cell phone service provider, I won't name names, but its the big one! I had a phone that had a know battery shorting out issue. They sent me a warranty replacement, by mail(as they no longer do this in-store), and upon receiving it, I noticed that a couple buttons were selective about when they would work. So, after driving down to the service center, for a second time, they agreed to send me out a second phone. Finally the 3rd phone worked, after 3 seperate trips to their store, and 4 or 5 hours of my own time between taking in the faulty phones, and having phone numbers transferred between them.

Anyway, long story short... my cell phone charger conveniently broke last night.

Anticipating a drawn out hassle, which would likely end in me giving in and purchasing a new charger, to replace the piece of crap that broke, and in my opinion should be warranteed out.....

Should I consider open carry for my next trip to the provider's store?! I hear you get better service that way!
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

2. Remove Ads

What?

This might be a thread for the Open Carry Forum. I am sure a Mod will be around soon.

I hate cellphone companies. I feel your pain.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

LOL! I'd love to hear about the results, if you do!

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    What?
    He is making a joke about open carry when going to the store. It is a joke, otherwise he is saying he wants to use open carry as a thinly veiled threat. Which would not be cool, at all.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

He may be referring to a thread in Open Carry in which the poster said that he did in deed get better service because of open carry. The poster made no threat but did get better service.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoMonkey View Post
    It is a joke, otherwise he is saying he wants to use open carry as a thinly veiled threat. Which would not be cool, at all.
    If you'll re-read the first sentence in my OP, it prefaces the question as a light hearted discussion starter. Secondly, I wouldn't be trying to use open carry as a threat, any more than a weight lifter would be, by wearing a tank top into the store.

I'm simply wondering if I would garner any better customer service while exercising my second ammentment.

I posted this in the 'concealed carry' section, as I don't usually open carry, and would like to hear from those who do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoMonkey View Post
    He is making a joke about open carry when going to the store. It is a joke, otherwise he is saying he wants to use open carry as a thinly veiled threat. Which would not be cool, at all.
    huh.... Are you SURE he' jokin'? He might just be a total head case. Awe, what the hell,... carry that bad boy in there and see if they'll give ya new phone charger. Let us know what pavement taste like.

There are many businesses in Arizona that provide discounts and better service to Open Carriers on principal. Couldn't tell you if it'll work in your big box phone store in Washington, though

Oh, I know I won't be getting any discounts... but they would definitley be losing a customer if they ushered me out of the store, and took a giant crap all over my second ammendment!

This brings up another question... would I have a legitimate arguement that I am not responsible for any cancellation fees associated to ending my service, after being denied service from their store while open carrying?

I hope no one takes offense to this, I'm not suggesting using OC as a means of getting what I want out of my provider. Just asking some hypothetical questions

My friend took a shotgun to his electric meter once.......he sure did get better service when he talked to the gas company after that!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post

This brings up another question... would I have a
    a what?

The flip side is they sometimes get so distracted that the service is worse. It's 50/50.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    take your Winchester lever action .44 and explain that you have been hunting varmints and forgot to take it off before you got on your high horse and rode in on it They should be very understanding and compliant
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    As far as the early termination fee applies, you would only be able to get that waived if your cell phone provider has in their contract that you can cancel without ETF if you violate a store policy and aren't given service- which I'm sure they don't.

In all honesty, I'm telling everyone to dump their company and go with Sprint- even though I won't do it. You may still get crappy service- because we all do- but at least it'll be cheaper crappy service, and I think that's the best we can hope for these days.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links