Now That Chicago's Law is Unconstitutional..

This is a discussion on Now That Chicago's Law is Unconstitutional.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here in Colorado you can keep a loaded handgun in your car concealed on you or in your glove box colmpletely legal, and if a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now That Chicago's Law is Unconstitutional..

Here in Colorado you can keep a loaded handgun in your car concealed on you or in your glove box colmpletely legal, and if a person eneters your house you can shoot to kill completely legal. All that is required is that the person was not invited in. No loaded rifles in your car. Very bad five years in jail no pleas. Very hard jail terms for gun violations.

2. Remove Ads

SIGguy229's Solution to the Chicago Problem:

Build a wall separating Chicago-land area from the rest of the State of Illinois, using I-39, I-88, I-80 as boundaries...the wall is to keep the Daley sheep in. Call this a new state called Daley (or Chicago).....the rest of the state will retain the name Illinois. Heck, we could probably trade Chicago to Canada for (is there anything we want from Canada?)

That way Daley can spout off all he wants....it won't affect the rest of the state.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post

Build a wall separating Chicago-land area from the rest of the State of Illinois, using I-39, I-88, I-80 as boundaries...the wall is to keep the Daley sheep in. Call this a new state called Daley (or Chicago).....the rest of the state will retain the name Illinois. Heck, we could probably trade Chicago to Canada for (is there anything we want from Canada?)

That way Daley can spout off all he wants....it won't affect the rest of the state.
    I agree 110%!!! I would love to see this happen, Canada can have Chicago! Just to get rid of Daley and his mob would be wonderful! And to sweeten the deal lets throw in Michael Bloomburg! I wonder if Canada would go for it.
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

sFe
    is there anything we want from Canada?
    Besides Crown Royal? No.

Beer and hokey players, lol.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

I think the NRA should stage a National Protest in Chicago for all the gun owners who are fed up with this crap. Same thing in Washington...

It funny how the liberals want to use force via guns (National Guard, Bodyguards, etc.) for their own (evil) purposes but deny us the same right (although our purposes are not evil). How much money does that city spend a year to enforce this stuff, plus potentially get the National Guard? How much would that cost the taxpayer? All this versus let citizens carry at virtually no cost to them via the permit fee (which should be reasonable). How much liberty would it cost those citizens to be under the watch of the National Guard (which itself is a confiscated entity that used to belong to the states before WW2)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Regardless of how it turns out, I'll pass on Chicago!
    ^ And this from someone who can legally carry in Chicago under under Leosa, I think this shows how bad it really is there.

(is there anything we want from Canada?)
    Maybe a John Deere, I think most from Illinois would think they got the better of that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Besides Crown Royal? No.
    RUSH concerts.
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

A caveat is neccessary here:

Below copied from the NRA-ILA Brochure found at
    NRA-ILA ::

"A provision of the federal law known as the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act, or FOPA, protects those who are transporting firearms for lawful purposes from local restrictions which would otherwise prohibit passage.

Under FOPA, notwithstanding any state or local law, a person is entitled to transport a firearm from any place where he or she may lawfully possess such firearm to any other place where he or she may lawfully possess it, if the firearm is unloaded and locked out of reach. In vehicles without a trunk, the unloaded firearm shall be in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console. Ammunition that is either locked out of reach in the trunk or in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console is also covered. FOPA also seems to provide for necessary stops, like gasoline and rest.

Travelers should be aware that some state and local governments treat this federal provision as an “affirmative defense” that may only be raised after an arrest]."

Chicago police will seize your gun and arrest you. You will be wasting your breath at bringing up the Federal Law, "you were carrying a handgun in your car and by *** you are going to jail!" The LEOs are briefed that the court will decide your guilt not them. Your lawyer will have to bring up the Federal law as a defense and the judge will decide whether you are subject to the local laws or not. Even if you win (Chicago courts aren't big on following Federal laws) you will lose your gun, They don't normally return weapons , they are kept as "evidence' and disposed of by all kinds of mysterious methods. Even if you do get a sharp lawyer who can get your gun back, is it worth $25,000 to $100,000 in legal fees (amount dependent on whether you have to appeal, which is most likely) to get back a $600-$2,000 gun?

Unless you are a multi-millionaire like Ted Nugent (love that guy!) it is not really worth the struggle.

Bottom line: Don't have a handgun in your car in Chicago. Being right doesn't keep you from being broke.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Besides Crown Royal? No.
    Just leave the white sox so the twins can beat up on them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links