Now That Chicago's Law is Unconstitutional..

This is a discussion on Now That Chicago's Law is Unconstitutional.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First I am not sure if this is the place to put this thread but here are my question/thoughts. I lived in IL in Naperville, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First I am not sure if this is the place to put this thread but here are my question/thoughts. I lived in IL in Naperville, for 2 years and even though I could not have a hand gun in the trunk, unloaded, locked and secure in Chicago has that changed? I have not had the chance to read the 200+ ruling from the Supreme Court. As I live in Maine and from time to time may travel home to North Dakota, when passing through the city of Chicago, will I be legal having my gun in the trunk? I know that federal law protects me as long as I donít make any stops in Chicago, but when you get stuck in traffic and have to make a pit stop what happens? I will have to guess that Chicago will copy the state of MA in their dealings with handguns. Any thoughts?
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

IANAL
    With that said, they way I understand the federal interstate transport law is that as long as you are only making "convenience" stops in chicago you will be fine as long as its unloaded, secure, etc...
    As far as chicago's laws being overturned, they way I understand that is that technically it isn't overturned yet. SCOTUS just gave their interpretation of the 2nd amendment and gave a ruling that yes it does apply to the states. As far as chicago's law they turned the case back to the circuit court to give a new ruling with SCOTUS's new opinions.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong on any of this please.

Charlie1826, you are correct. the lower court will make the final ruling, with the evidence from the supreme court. spike

There is only one realistic solution to the problem. DON'T LIVE IN CHICAGO.

One of the things that makes this country great is its regional diversity. Utah has the Mormons, Nevada has the awesome gambling and prostitution, North Dakota has its....um....nothingness, and Chicago has its myopic views on gun ownership. It isn't going to change anytime soon as long as the majority keep oppressive rule in place like Daly. He has already announced plans to make it just as much of a hassle, if not more, than D.C. currently is.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    There is only one realistic solution to the problem. DON'T LIVE IN CHICAGO.

One of the things that makes this country great is its regional diversity. Utah has the Mormons, Nevada has the awesome gambling and prostitution, North Dakota has its....um....nothingness, and Chicago has its myopic views on gun ownership. It isn't going to change anytime soon as long as the majority keep oppressive rule in place like Daly. He has already announced plans to make it just as much of a hassle, if not more, than D.C. currently is.
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's still a good idea to just "go around" Chicago, at least for a while or until Daley's gang is gone.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

You really don't think Daley will roll over for a group like the Supreme Court, do you?
    He will just start throwing new restrictions.
    This is a guy who had a runway bulldozed at midnight because his wife wanted a park, and the pilots were suing to keep the field.

Of course, he never goes anywhere without his armed bodyguards. Typical liberal hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's still a good idea to just "go around" Chicago, at least for a while or until Daley's gang is gone.
    This.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Regardless of how it turns out, I'll pass on Chicago!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

[QUOTE=Biomortis;1680785]Nevada has the awesome gambling and prostitution. [QUOTE]

I have tried the gambling but never the prostitution but I will that your wourd that it is awesome

[QUOTE=HKinNY;1680990][QUOTE=Biomortis;1680785]Nevada has the awesome gambling and prostitution.

I have tried the gambling but never the prostitution but I will that your wourd that it is awesome
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Let's see, Chicago bans guns. Crime rate soars. Already this year there have been over 210 murders, something like 45 already this month. 95% of those murders are from gunshot. Illinois lawmakers are asking for the National Guard to patrol the streets of Chicago because they can't stop the violence. Keep in mind of the 210 murders those are just the fatalities. No telling how many are were just shot and survived. Guess the bad guys didn't turn in their guns. I am with everyone else, just bypass Chicago if you can.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    You really don't think Daley will roll over for a group like the Supreme Court, do you?
    He will just start throwing new restrictions.
    This is a guy who had a runway bulldozed at midnight because his wife wanted a park, and the pilots were suing to keep the field.

Of course, he never goes anywhere without his armed bodyguards. Typical liberal hypocrite.
    Armed Bodyguards? Would you believe 16?

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    Let's see, Chicago bans guns. Crime rate soars. Already this year there have been over 210 murders, something like 45 already this month. 95% of those murders are from gunshot. Illinois lawmakers are asking for the National Guard to patrol the streets of Chicago because they can't stop the violence. Keep in mind of the 210 murders those are just the fatalities. No telling how many are were just shot and survived. Guess the bad guys didn't turn in their guns. I am with everyone else, just bypass Chicago if you can.
    I hadn't heard about that until now. That's insane! These people would really rather have a military force patrol their streets than just give the citizens the right and the tools for self defense. Absolutely ridiculous.
    "Gun control works, just look at how safe chicago is." That should be the brady bunch's new slogan.

Yes, you are okay with your gun in the trunk because it will fall under the Federal "Safe Journey" guidelines.
    Kimber UC II
    SA XD-45 SC
    1948 16g Remington Model 24
    Mossberg .410g shottie

Chicago will do what all these liberal cities do, which is to allow permits, but kill you with unreasonable restrictions. NY(Suffolk county) offers a carry permit with a restriction that you can't carry. NYC allows a premises permit, but it must be locked in a box, and to go shoot at a range, you have to notify each police precinct you pass on the way to the range. Syracus and above, and out in the hamptons carry permits are shall issue. Completely ass backward, because NYC has 15, 000 assaults annually. You can buy a gun for $80 dollars at your local produce wholesaler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links