Defensive Carry banner

VA & WV Rest Stops

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  WvHiker 
#1 ·
TN has reciprocity with VA & WV. We travel I-81 several times a year to PA and of course use the rest stops. I never gave it any thought but is carry legal in these facilities?

#4 ·
Make sure to check out Handgunlaw.us for any states you pass through. They have nice summary sheets for every state, including info on rest stops, state parks, and other common carry/no-carry places.

#6 ·
We always stop at the last rest area in WV about 2 miles before the MD boarder and unload and place the pistols in lock boxes. We make the MD crossing in 12-15 minutes. The first rest area inside PA is about 2 miles and we stop, load up and re-holster. What a pain but until the Feds. pass some sort of continuous/peaceable journey law where by a permit that is valid in both the starting and ending states is honored it is what it is.

Thanks to everyone for the answers. I was almost positive VA & WV were good to go and now I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.