Need news articles where CC saved a life - Page 2

Need news articles where CC saved a life

This is a discussion on Need news articles where CC saved a life within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did you ask him where he got that info, or is it just in his mind that he has that kind of prowess? Criminals aren't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need news articles where CC saved a life

Did you ask him where he got that info, or is it just in his mind that he has that kind of prowess? Criminals aren't going to let you get close enough to you to take their gun away. They shoot first if you move.

Tell him he's a fool and that a gun beats his martial arts every time. Martial arts won't do him a bit of good if his attacker is not within reach.
    well not EVERYTIME. there have been cases of very successful disarmaments
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

"Black belt smackbelt", my karate instructor (5th Dan) watched his brother winning a street fight and being killed by a third party. The third party stepped from the crowd watching the fight and stabbed him in the back.

Hand-to-hand is a last, NOT first resort in my opinion, that's why I got a HCP and carry ALL the time when I am out of the house and going to places that are not "prohibited" like Court Houses.

Just a $0.02 from your 'Ole Uncle Duke. Feel free to flame me.
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

Hand-to-hand is a last, NOT first resort in my opinion, that's why I got a HCP and carry ALL the time when I am out of the house and going to places that are not "prohibited" like Court Houses.
    against a single unarmed attacker (especially and intoxicated one) legally it should be your first resort. drawing on an unarmed attacker and killing you may land you in quite a bit of trouble..however in that situation it was multiple attackers....
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Go here...

In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

...You should have no problem what so ever finding all manner of examples of exactly what you request/require.

Storys of civilians defending themself using guns even as against threats who already had guns drawn have been posted there going back for _years_.

Welcome to the forum!

- Janq

"Hand-to-hand is a last, NOT first resort in my opinion." - DukeShooter
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/i...t_if_your.html

They had the drop on him, and he was able to retrieve his gun and fire.

Of course the idiots were carrying airsoft guns, but the insurance agent didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    against a single unarmed attacker (especially and intoxicated one) legally it should be your first resort. drawing on an unarmed attacker and killing you may land you in quite a bit of trouble..however in that situation it was multiple attackers....
    I quoted the above not intending to get into a flame war.

However, to go off on an "armed citizen" tangent and probably get "flamed", I do feel have to say this.

I am talking about two situations, one where I put myself in the "situation" and one where I did not put myself in the "situation". Single or multiple attackers does not matter in my remarks below.

Legally, I should probably have not have gotten myself in the position of having to use my handgun or martial arts skills in the first place. Use of deadly force in that situation would probably land me in jail because in the eyes of the law, IMHO, I was looking for an excuse to use my pistol to end a fight I initiated for said purpose.

So, Against a single or multiple unarmed attackers...I would exit the scene, run, hop, skip jump, skeddale, sprint, or otherwise "motor on" to a safe location. Again my duty/obligation as an armed citizen is to not "get into" fights and have to use my hand-to-hand skills as a result of "getting into" said fights putting me in danger of having to use my gun. If I am about to get into a fight and I feel that I am in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury AND use my firearm I would land in Jail because I "created" the situation.

And so presuming that all the requirements are met i.e. me not putting myself in the situation/fight for the purpose of using deadly force, not being able to run away safely, etc.;

In my state, Tennessee "I do not have a duty to retreat before using deadly force if I hold a reasonable belief of an imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury, and I do not have to give any kind of warning, verbal or otherwise before using deadly force to neutralize said danger". Further, you can extend the law to include not being required to use martial arts before using deadly force. I am not required to fight and HOPE I can defeat the attacker or attackers.

If I could not run away or felt that turning to run would put me in a situation where "I have a reasonable belief of an imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury." I would draw and defend myself NOT start trying to kick his/their rear ends.

I hope everyone understands my position on this subject and it makes sense.

Peace, The Duke
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

American Bulldog, HK USPf.45Tac, HK45,
    HK USPc .45ss, SW-642ct, Sig556

(The Phantom Brigade)
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links