CCW Legalities in MS?
Howdy ho.. Alabama resident visiting Mississippi for an extended period of time. Been trying to brush up on CCW laws here but also wanted input from local folks cause IANAL, and reading all this code has given me a headache...
From what I can tell:
1. My Alabama permit will be honored in MS.
2. Church/Police Station/School/Courthouse etc.. is a no no
3. Parks, also a no no (Changing July1?)
4. College Campus - This one interests me in particular, cause I drive through one routinely here (public road crosses campus).. Is there a 1000ft rule or??
5. Posted business's with no firearms signage, which I wouldn't visit anyway.
6. Any LOCAL laws that I may need to check out for Prentiss County? I see the State has preemption, but have been told it's pretty weak? Thoughts?
Am I missing anything? I CCW basically 24X7 and really don't want to run afoul of the local constabulary while I'm hanging around town.
Not a lot of Mississippi people around here I'm guessing :)
Late checking the board today... Sorry
3. You are good to go in parks.
4. No carrying, but you can have it in your car if you aren't attending that school or any other school in the state.
6. No local laws
You can go in restaurants, not bars.
pretty much the same as AL. and the rest of the south and mid eastern and central states anyway.
One thing about parks. Local governments retain the ability to prohibit weapons. As of July 1 you can carry in State parks, but you will need to make sure that any local parks you go to aren't posted.
Thanks for the comments gentlemen, my headache has disappeared.