Going to Pigeon Forge TN, need carry info for TN

This is a discussion on Going to Pigeon Forge TN, need carry info for TN within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks, looks like I will be spending some quality time in sevierville, between SMKW, the range and the applebarn. Yum! Even if I do have ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to Pigeon Forge TN, need carry info for TN

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Thanks, looks like I will be spending some quality time in sevierville, between SMKW, the range and the applebarn. Yum! Even if I do have to eat while feelin naked. LOL!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    Thanks, looks like I will be spending some quality time in sevierville, between SMKW, the range and the applebarn. Yum! Even if I do have to eat while feelin naked. LOL!

Glad you asked this stuff. Heading down there in August to look at potential wedding sites. :)
    Last edited by SammyIamToday; June 19th, 2006 at 10:00 AM.

Also check out Ober Gatlinburg, there's a big sky tram that'll take you up to the resort - really nice ride. Up inside the park, take a drive through Cades Cove, the original settlement - lots of woodland critters: Wild turkey, whitetail, etc. (stay in the car, they DO have blackbear) The Grizz mill sells their own flour, cornmeal etc. sorta neat to see the old place. Last time I was there Pidgeon Forge had one of those indoor skydiving rooms too. I never got around to trying it but I've heard they have a nice setup. Highly recommend walking the main drag in Gatlinburg, lots of interesting little shops - Acorns carries knifemaking supplies and the Fudge/candy shop is good).
    Jack

Is Ripley's Aquarium posted? The last time I was there they had a sign at the ticket booth that said no firearms (or something like that). However, I saw no signs at the entrance doors. (Which should mean that there is no legal prohibition there.)

They did search bags (including my camera bag) but did not ask about nor notice the handgun in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    Be sure to pick up some Applebutter at the Applebarn. Also if you like great ribs Calhouns it the place.

Quote Originally Posted by logistar
    Is Ripley's Aquarium posted? The last time I was there they had a sign at the ticket booth that said no firearms (or something like that). However, I saw no signs at the entrance doors. (Which should mean that there is no legal prohibition there.)
    First, I am not an attorney. That being said, from what I have read: In order to be in violation of the carry law, and be charged with the specific misdemeanor, the sign has to be specifically worded, quoting the statute, etc. If there is a different wording on the sign, such as the gun with a circle and slash through it, you can be asked to leave or face misdemeanor trespassing charges, but not charged with carrying on a banned premise. The way I figure it would be interpreted, the sign on the booth instead of the door, is that people would have to pass by the ticket booth to get tickets to enter, so they would see the sign.

My personal opinion is that if someone (or a business) does not want legal carry on their property, as law abiding permit holders, we should respect their wishes. I know someone is going to start quoting the arguments for carry, don't bother... I know the reasons, and I agree. However, I feel it is the responsible thing to do, to avoid casting a negative impression on legal carry. I don't want someone seeing a scene being made, security, the police, etc. asking me to leave, checking ID, etc, and inevitably saying something like "see, there is another reason that people shouldn't be allowed to carry guns". I don't want to give some anti gun liberal any more ammo (pardon the pun) than they think they already have. If someone doesn't want me to carry a weapon on their property, I respect their wishes. With the exception of my place of work, I don't go where I can't carry. That means that a business that prohibits legal carry, doesn't have me on their property, and that includes my money which will be spent at one of their competitors.

Just my opinion.

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Cooter's Garage

In Gatlinburg rocks if you are a Dukes of Hazzard fan! I hear that Cooter shows up on Tuesdays from time to time.

I hear what you are saying Only Glock and I agree to a point. However, I always like to know my options - even if some of them are very unlikely to be exercised.

My hope was that the sign that I noticed was gone. Period. I guess I'll find out when I get there. Just wanted to be able to make better plans.

(Kentucky CCW laws are pretty good. It's usually difficult to adjust when I leave this state!)

Quote Originally Posted by logistar
    (Kentucky CCW laws are pretty good. It's usually difficult to adjust when I leave this state!)

I hear that, seems like we've got everyone around us beat hands down. The thought of going up to Ohio is depressing for sure.

Alabama Grill is a good place to eat there as well.

Bennett's BBQ has great ribs!!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Coincidentally, part of my honeymoon travels will take me through TN in about a month. With regard to the restaurants that sell alcohol for on-site consumption, do they post anything on the doors indicating such (I mean, I know I can simply assume that some do, like Applebee's, Friday's, etc.) so I know before I go in and commit some horrible violation of common decency ?

Or is it simply a better idea to leave my gun in the car and "play it safe?"

I know my West Virginia CCW is good there.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Great Pizza and Brew can be found at The Smokey Mtn. Brewery.
    Pershing SIR!!

Not a lawyer but as it was explained to me...

...very few if any places that sell alcohol for on-site comsumption post as there is no requirement they do so & this is covered by the law. Technically you are in violation by having your loaded weapon in the car in the parking lot,but as they'd have to search your vehicle it's unlikely you'd get caught.Ideally you'll secure your unloaded gun in your room while you go out (bets?).A usually legally acceptable alternative is to leave your unloaded handgun in your car & carry the ammo in with you as the 'field test' for a loaded gun is that you preform 2 seperate movements to ready the gun to fire:i.e. insert the mag & rack the slide.Loaded & locked in a console or cheapo lockbox from WalMart is again usually acceptable to officers at the scene but I do not know if this is the written law.
    As I understand it posting no-carry signs applies to businesses that do not sell alcohol for on-site consumption or do not sell alcohol period but do not wish customers to carry onto their premises.
    Please note that I am not a lawyer "nor do I play one on TV".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links