SC CWP Increase

This is a discussion on SC CWP Increase within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just now posted on SLED site NOTICE The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) will not be implementing the Digitized Fingerprinting Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SC CWP Increase

Just now posted on SLED site

NOTICE

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) will not be implementing the Digitized Fingerprinting Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) program as was previously announced. SLED personnel will continue to seek efficiency measures Division-wide, including the CWP program. SLED appreciates the patience demonstrated by each CWP applicant as SLED Regulatory personnel attempt to address CWP application turnaround times during these challenging economic times.

http://www.sled.sc.gov/cwp.aspx?MenuID=CWP

2. Remove Ads

DrJ
    Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    Just now posted on SLED site

NOTICE

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) will not be implementing the Digitized Fingerprinting Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) program as was previously announced. SLED personnel will continue to seek efficiency measures Division-wide, including the CWP program. SLED appreciates the patience demonstrated by each CWP applicant as SLED Regulatory personnel attempt to address CWP application turnaround times during these challenging economic times.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
    Woo Hoo!! FINALLY, some common sense in government! I sent an e-mail to the Gov. voicing my opposition to the change, and apparently lots of other folks did as well. Sometimes it pays to speak up!

Certainly ood news for all us folks that pushed this thru. But wait, there will be another change soon too I believe.

I can't blame SLED for wanting to reduce their workload and remain charging the same cost. That is the businessmans way of making a profit. Aha, but SLED isn't a business and shouldn't be making a profit you say? That way of thought went out the door years ago.
    Certified Glock Armorer

If SCLED claims 21% of finger print cards were not readable. Just send back the app and reprint for free at local PD duh!!!

It does my heart good to see all these replies concerning "Easy Path". Thanks to everyone who emailed or called the Governor's office. I was surprised that I actually got to speak with his primary aide. She assured me my complete thought would be presented to the Governor. Thanks again.
    SLED Certified CWP Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Range Safety Officer, NRA Recruiter, Affiliate Instructor Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, member NRA,USCCA,GOA,GrassRootsSC.
    Be Safe,
    Jim

They have re-thought it!

They following is posted on the SLED website in SC. Apparently, the Gov overruled them.

NOTICE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links