Time to check in...

This is a discussion on Time to check in... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK I have had my CLP for about a month and thought it might be tme to check in about my carrying experience. I started ...

Thread: Time to check in...

Time to check in...

OK I have had my CLP for about a month and thought it might be tme to check in about my carrying experience. I started thinking like many that evryone is watching me as I am out and about. WHat I found is... it appears very few people are paying attention. My SA is up and it is a simple check adn scan my surroundings. The biggestest difference I have expeirenced is how comfortable I have become in carrying my weapon. That is to say as it has been so hot here and I started carrying IWB but more and moreI am carrying often OWB but concealing with a shirt untucked but coving the weapon. My preference is to be concealed and I do not wish to print. I do check to make sure my weapon is not exposed because I do not want to alarm others around me in a diner or Lowes etc... Once I have checked myself for printing I do not worry about it and go about my business. I am very comfortable carrying these days but I do know that there is a responsibility that goes with carrying. I have also decided not to advertise or tell people that I am carrying friends or family because I would prefer the element of surprise but that is just me.... I am waiting on a custom rig that in due in within the next week or so and that will help as well. Overall this is turning out to be a positive experience.... Thanks for reading. Thoughts and comments are welcome please.

2. Remove Ads

Pretty typical.... now it's time to go get some training.

GM
    No one is paying attention to you or watching you, and if they do it the reason is not your firearm. Everybody becomes comfortable after carrying for a while; it happens very often that I forget that I am carrying.
    I do not go around and tell everybody that I carry a firearm, but people close to me know about it; I do not consider that what you call “element of surprise” shall also include family and close friends; but that is just me. It is good that our carrying experience is turning out to be a positive one .
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I glad to hear everything is going good for you. Don't worry about people noticing, they won't and don't. Only someone looking for it will notice.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Links