NC Veteran PTSD - Page 2

NC Veteran PTSD

This is a discussion on NC Veteran PTSD within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend that was combat wounded in Afghanistan,he has a few issues with PTSD,usually when he goes to sleep,He got his CHL and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC Veteran PTSD

I have a friend that was combat wounded in Afghanistan,he has a few issues with PTSD,usually when he goes to sleep,He got his CHL and he got a free holster from me to boot,If you apply and pass the test,let me know what gun you will carry and I will make you a free holster.Thanks for your service,we support you for the sacrifice you made
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks for all the input. Im thinking I will be in the clear based off all the reading ive done. I signed up for the class today and picked up my packet from the sheriffs office. I will be applying in Onslow county so if anyone's how they operate let me know.

Thank you for your service... you might try this organization in your state...

ncgunowners.com/forum/

Well, took my carry conceal class on the 17th and passed. Went to the doctor today and she blessed off on my physical and mental condition. Going to go get all my papers notorized tomorrow and then its up to the sherrif's office. Hopefully all will go well.

It sounds like you are good to go. Keep us up to date.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    This pisses me off so bad sometimes, the treatment of our veterans returning from war is deplorable. I wish you the best of luck on being able to exercise your god given right to defend yourself after defending our country.
    I am not quite clear on what pisses you off. How is he being treated badly? Do you have personal expierence with this issue or did you just see it on TV? As a veteran and the husband of a VA employee I would say our vets get treated pretty darn good. Do you know what the Post 9/11 GI bill is? Not to shabby.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

PTSD

I an a Nam vet that went through issues with PTSD - I also am a licensed mental health professional and CCW holder. The talk to your lawyer first is good advice. Then find someone like me and have them clear you. In talking with your doctor sounds like you did. I have written letters for about five of my clients that they are not dangerous to self or others and that usually works on the mental health end. This all is a result of decisions and policy being made by those ignorant of the real issue but having enough power to do it anyway. That is what pisses me off - just in case anyone is wondering.
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I have a friend that was combat wounded in Afghanistan,he has a few issues with PTSD,usually when he goes to sleep,He got his CHL and he got a free holster from me to boot,If you apply and pass the test,let me know what gun you will carry and I will make you a free holster.Thanks for your service,we support you for the sacrifice you made
    That's a great thing to do. Well played.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I was diagnosed with PTSD 20 years ago. It has never affected me and should not affect you. It is a treatable medical condition not a mental illness.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    dukealmighty, thats a great thing to do, OP, thanks for what you did for us over there, hope all goes well
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links