Printing...what's the borderline?

This is a discussion on Printing...what's the borderline? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently got my permit and have altered the size shirts I wear in a way. I am curious I want to see some pictures ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printing...what's the borderline?

Printing...what's the borderline?

I recently got my permit and have altered the size shirts I wear in a way. I am curious I want to see some pictures of "excess printing". When I walk around I notice people are not looking at me but I feel like it's exposed big time and you can kinda see part of it if you know what to look for. Is this normal? I guess I really don't need to be worried if I don't see people looking right? Anyways though I am curious can you guys post some pictures of "bad printing"

2. Remove Ads

I check out my reflection sometimes when i feel paranoid about printing, then I realize that I can't even see my own gun and I know its there... so how would anyone else?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I check out my reflection sometimes when i feel paranoid about printing, then I realize that I can't even see my own gun and I know its there... so how would anyone else?
    Very good point.

Who really in the right mind is going to observe you so attentively every time you bend or squat to notice if you're printing or not?

IF SO... You'd have bigger problems to worry about.
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Well, one good rule of thumb is not to wear any fishnet shirts. I personally have hard time with that. I had to just throw all mine out.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

If you can tell gun type thru the shirt that is some serious printing,a little bulge here or there could be a cell phone etc.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

IF you wear appropriately sized clothes that are not fabrics that drape, all they may see is a bulge. Determining it is a gun is mostly guesswork. I just don't worry about it, but I've been doing it for forty-five years.

LMC
    Most people are blind. Did you ever notice anyone before you started looking? Besides it could just be a cell phone in a belt case for all they know.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoMonkey View Post
    Well, one good rule of thumb is not to wear any fishnet shirts. I personally have hard time with that. I had to just throw all mine out.

I don't worry too much about printing anymore. I don't think most people pay enough attention to notice, even if I had it on under a skin tight under armor shirt with no other cover garment. Even if they do, the law here just says it has to be concealed; printing or not, if it's under something opaque it's concealed. What little bulge can be seen when I wear a polo or a button down, untucked, is less than my blackberry makes. I think most people would assume it was something like that.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

I agree, a bulge is not printing. Yesterday I had my lcr in my front pocket, same bulge as my other pocket that had my wallet and keys in it. No one notices.

Cool

I am on the lean side and I use to always worry that someone would know I was carrying but I don't believe anyone ever did. I like shirts with lots going on like Tommy Bahama or Guy Harvey because it takes away from any specific area of the shirt and gets someone looking in all directions. I do have some solid color 5.11 comfort casual shirts and the material and cut of the shirt lets me order my regular size just like the Tommy's but gives excellent coverage. I wear a HighNoon Public Secret IWB holster and a HighNoon or Beltman double layer belt which also adds to the stability of the rig and keeps it up againsts my body.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MSteve View Post

I don't worry too much about printing anymore. I don't think most people pay enough attention to notice, even if I had it on under a skin tight under armor shirt with no other cover garment. Even if they do, the law here just says it has to be concealed; printing or not, if it's under something opaque it's concealed. What little bulge can be seen when I wear a polo or a button down, untucked, is less than my blackberry makes. I think most people would assume it was something like that.

well careful..the law in some places says an average person should not be able to tell its a gun...so yes a little bulge is fine but if you can see the full shape of the gun you may be breaking the rules.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I will be the crying Cassandra here and just point out a couple negatives:

1. Just because no one freaks out or says anything to you does not mean that no one notices. Frequently other CCW permit holders, law enforcement officers, former military or LEO, anyone whose life experiences have been earned in the school of hard knocks when it comes to crime, and criminals might all notice.

2. A bulge underneath your shirt on your hip could be a lot of things, but to many, it strongly indicates a gun.

3. Just because you do not see your own gun does not mean that it's invisible to other people. A rule of thumb in life is that there is always someone better than you. Correlation: Someone is always more observant than you. My wife is one of these truly uncanny people.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    I will be the crying Cassandra here and just point out a couple negatives:

1. Just because no one freaks out or says anything to you does not mean that no one notices. Frequently other CCW permit holders, law enforcement officers, former military or LEO, anyone whose life experiences have been earned in the school of hard knocks when it comes to crime, and criminals might all notice.

2. A bulge underneath your shirt on your hip could be a lot of things, but to many, it strongly indicates a gun.

3. Just because you do not see your own gun does not mean that it's invisible to other people. A rule of thumb in life is that there is always someone better than you. Correlation: Someone is always more observant than you. My wife is one of these truly uncanny people.
    +1, +1, and +1
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoMonkey View Post
    Funny Pictures at WalMart Back It Up

I'm too sexy for my shirt...
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Out of curiosity,are you carrying IWB or OWB?....
    If OWB then it is a little harder to conceal and shirt ride up is a bigger problem,plus printing is a lot more prevalent. If IWB then it's a lot easier to conceal....little to no printing and shirt ride up is less of a problem.
    I personally IWB.I used to OWB but found it more difficult.

Hope this helps.
    Cluelessness: There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links