Defensive Carry banner

Got FL. CWL , went to Wally World!

3K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  AnimalKracker 
#1 ·
Saturday, I went to a gun show about 60 miles from home. I was expecting my CCW to arrive any day now, so when I returned from the gun show I checked the mail and THERE IT WAS!! My new Fl. CWL. At that point, I thought,"where might I go?" Wally World, of course! Actually my wife had some other stops to make on the way so I got to test the waters in a few smaller stores before going in the Super WW. I didn't really feel like everyone noticed, didn't even get a second look from anyone. I have a Kel Tec P11 with an Uncle Mikes IWB holster and it dissapears under a t-shirt. I was comfortable and almost forgot after a few minutes that I was carrying. Of course, even though I just bought some ammo from the guns show, I had to pick up a couple of boxes while there.

The Wally World by me does't have a snack counter, so I didn't have an opportunity to have some nachos. Instead we sat down in the McD's and had some fries.

It's funny, because the whole first day of packing, I couldn't help but feel like the little dancing banana guy. And I kept singing to myself..Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! My wife thought she was going to have to commit me!:danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban:

#2 ·
Congratulations!!!!

Always good to hear of another addition to our ranks.

Although I am kind of a second class member since I didn't go to WW my first day...

Matt

#6 ·
Awesome Papachuck....by going to WW right after getting your CCW permit you have just earned the title "Elite CCW Permit Holder." Tis an honorable title for sure that many of us are also members and many of us don't brag about.

I can't do nachos in anyplace other than a Mexican restaurant after seeing all of those episodes of "Beavis and Butthead."

#9 ·
tegemu said:
Perhaps Wally World should give us a discount, considering the amount of business generated by our Wally World mania.
Good idea! (We are providing free security, after all...:image035: )

#10 ·
Welcome to the ranks!! Yes, it does feel good. I wonder what Wally World Corporate would say if they knew of the new "right of passage" that seems to have started here?

Eric

#14 ·
Congrats on the permit! I always feel especially good when I walk into WW wearing my gear AND buy ammo. I sometimes wonder if they suspect anything when so many of us buy pistol ammo with untucked shirts or SMF vests ... then I look again at the kid behind the counter and realize most of them strain their intellect just tying their shoes in the morning.
Jack

#15 ·
Congratulations! Welcome...did you get the WW badge when they gave you the secret handshake? They didn't have them when I started. Oh well, hope you and yours will stay safe.

#17 ·
gunthorp said:
Congratulations! Welcome...did you get the WW badge when they gave you the secret handshake? They didn't have them when I started. Oh well, hope you and yours will stay safe.
Aw, man. WW badge and a secret handshake?!?

I got hosed. :sad2:

If I only knew, I'd have gone to Wally World first thing.

Matt

#18 ·
maclean3 said:
Congrats on the permit! I always feel especially good when I walk into WW wearing my gear AND buy ammo. I sometimes wonder if they suspect anything when so many of us buy pistol ammo with untucked shirts or SMF vests ... then I look again at the kid behind the counter and realize most of them strain their intellect just tying their shoes in the morning.
Jack

Excellent Statement very very funny!!!:rofl: :banana: :danceban:

#21 ·
Congratulations!!! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

tegemu said:
Perhaps Wally World should give us a discount, considering the amount of business generated by our Wally World mania.
Free ammo?

Team American said:
Good idea! (We are providing free security, after all...:image035: )
Darn right! Free ammo?

maclean3 said:
Jack
Last time I looked they had those velcro tabs.....

Secret handshakes, secret passwords and nods......getting kinda complicated to go to WW......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.