Good LTE in RT

Good LTE in RT

This is a discussion on Good LTE in RT within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pro-RKBA LTE in Roanoke Times, Roanoke, VA Gun permit holders are less likely to misuse right - Roanoke.com Gun permit holders are less likely to ...

Thread: Good LTE in RT

VIP Member

Thumbs up Good LTE in RT

Pro-RKBA LTE in Roanoke Times, Roanoke, VA

Gun permit holders are less likely to misuse right - Roanoke.com

Gun permit holders are less likely to misuse right

Re: "Guns and courts," July 1 editorial:

This is yet another example that the vast majority of editorials written in the mainstream news media are long on opinion and quite short on facts. The writer of this article presents his own flawed opinions as fact with a deliberate anti-Second Amendment bias while leaving out important details.

Concealed-carry permit holders have always been prohibited by law from consuming alcoholic beverages while carrying. Thirteen other states, some of which for years have allowed concealed carry into restaurants that serve alcoholic drinks, have had no problems associated with the practice. The legislation had broad bipartisan support.

Virginia does not delineate between bars and restaurants that serve alcoholic beverages, previously limiting the concealed carry permit holder to fast food restaurants and drive-throughs.

Concealed-carry permit holders are the least likely group to misuse their right.

ANDREW MORFESI
    ROANOKE
    FWIIW -- the old "May Issue" Virginia permit (prior to 1995) allow consumption of alcohol by being silent on the issue.
    Last edited by DaveH; July 8th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links