Noticed someone printing...

This is a discussion on Noticed someone printing... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other day at work I watched a guy get out of his car, adjust his shirt and belt, and walk in. His shirt was ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noticed someone printing...

The other day at work I watched a guy get out of his car, adjust his shirt and belt, and walk in. His shirt was tucked in so I could see his "tricked out" belt, which to me was an obvious indicator that he was probably packing, and sure enough he was, right at 4 o'clock.
    I did not say anything, I wasn't worried I just went about my duties. However, it got me thinking. I've read so many people post about how they have never been outted, but it makes me wonder how many people may have seen us printing, but simply didn't say anything. So, I suppose I would ask you all this, if you are printing/exposed would you want to know? Or do you tell anyone that they are printing? Also, do any of you have any experiences with people approaching you to tell you that you are printing?
    I once read somewhere someone approached someone carrying and said, "You're printing," to which his reply was, "I am working on my cursive too." Thought that was clever...

Interesting question. I liked the guys response.

Ray
    Texas
    Check out my websites....

http://www.prophezine.com

http://survival4christians.blogspot.com/

Μολὼν λαβέ

Someone else printing? None of my business, but I'd be glad to know that he's probably another 'armed citizen'.
    Most dirtbags don't use quality holsters and belts.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

jfl
    I print all the time, so ???
    In Florida, it is not illegal as long as it is not intentional.
    After a few years, you don't think about it anymore.

Welcome from South Florida (Palm Beach County) !!!
    You'll have fun here, and learn a lot, but, watch out, this place can become addictive.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Was it truly a gun or a shape you THOUGHT was a gun, but could have been a cell phone or other belt-mounted electronic device.

If I was printing, I'd want someone to tell me. However, being overweight, there's probably not much I can do about it.

If I was printing and someone walked up to me and asked? I'd say it's NONEYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONEYA business......
    PROGUN

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    In TN open carry is legal, so if I'm printing I don't really care. However, if someone were to come up and tell me I would not mind at all. In fact, I would be impressed that someone noticed and it might be a good way to meet a new shooting buddy!

As long as I'm not at gun point
    " give me the gun "
    alls good

I suppose in all fairness I did not see him bend over and expose the gun, but I am fairly certain. The question was not so much one from a legal point of view, just kind of a general would you want to know. I've heard stories of people getting up or whatever and their shirt getting caught on the grip of the gun, would you want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwetschgen View Post
    I suppose in all fairness I did not see him bend over and expose the gun, but I am fairly certain. The question was not so much one from a legal point of view, just kind of a general would you want to know. I've heard stories of people getting up or whatever and their shirt getting caught on the grip of the gun, would you want to know?
    Ahhh.... so you saw a non descript bulge! I'm sure it was just a PDA or an iPhone.

A print is more like a tracing on a piece of paper, where you have no doubt it's the outline of a gun.

I have had bulges a lot. Especially when I pocket carry and XD9sc, but with the pocket holster it looks just like a wallet.

No one ever approached me asking about a gun.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by JAMNMIKE View Post
    If I was printing and someone walked up to me and asked? I'd say it's NONEYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONEYA business......
    Im thinkin..... none of ????? who?? Then I saw your signature DUH
    Just a little slow. GO AZ!
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

I think I would be offended by someone coming up and telling me that he has noticed an indiscreet bulge on my person, as if it is any of his business. What's he gonna do, start lecturing me on 'Concealed means concealed'?

If you carry there is always someone out there that can print you. It's up to you to make them feel that what they saw is not something that they should be alarmed about. Carry concealed with confidence and no one will care.
    Plus, so what if a liberal prints you, they have to run what they saw through so many filters before they make a decision that you will be out of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Ahhh.... so you saw a non descript bulge! I'm sure it was just a PDA or an iPhone.

A print is more like a tracing on a piece of paper, where you have no doubt it's the outline of a gun.

I have had bulges a lot. Especially when I pocket carry and XD9sc, but with the pocket holster it looks just like a wallet.

No one ever approached me asking about a gun.
    He did mention the shirt was tucked in, so maybe is was not an iPhone so much as a...rogue fat globule that took up shape in a semi-but not really gun form

Seriously, there is no way to know if he was carrying or not. One time I looked in the mirror after having carried all day in a nice button up shirt with my XDSC at 4 O'clock, had a brain fart, and thought I saw printing on my left side.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links