Apply for CCW in LA or San Bernardino? - Page 2

Apply for CCW in LA or San Bernardino?

This is a discussion on Apply for CCW in LA or San Bernardino? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; mprp, I agree with you. I think their decision pretty much says that unless you're a felon or mental defective, this is your right. This ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apply for CCW in LA or San Bernardino?

mprp, I agree with you. I think their decision pretty much says that unless you're a felon or mental defective, this is your right. This concept needs to go through the birth canal, which while I don't remember the experience, I'm told it can be quite traumatic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jermedic View Post
    Give a call to SB sheriff's central station tomorrow and ask. They would be the direct source for the answer and you won't have wasted your time with the application if they say no.
    I would agree with Jermedic's post here ^^^
    The only thing I would make sure of if I were you, is that you are talking to the right person at the department. I've called my local SO where I live about something regarding CCW and they were completely wrong! Make sure you ask for someone that is "in the know" on CCW laws and procedures for your area or you may be steered the wrong way by a desk clerk!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

There are current and active lawsuits against the counties of Sacramento, Yolo and San Diego putting the CCW issuance rules on trial. The "good cause" threshold is being challenged as are residency rules. Since CA does not have RKBA in its own constitution, the MacDonald ruling was critical to CA and the courts deciding these cases. Related to that are also suits against the "safe gun" roster (pending McD ruling) and others lined up like airliners into LAX on Christmas week.

I'd suggest visiting Calguns.net for the most current info. CalGuns has done a tremendous job with some very active and aggressive legal beagles at the front.

As far as sheer numbers, SB county was #5 as far as issuance among CA counties. There's a CA CCW map that shows each county and how hard/easy it is to get in those counties. Without looking I'm 99% sure your better off w/SB county than LA.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Going to call SB Sheriff

Thank you everyone for your advice. I think I will call over to SB and ask them if they are still adamant about the residency (now in light of the McDonald decision). If they are, then I'll try in L.A. county.

Quote Originally Posted by sighere View Post
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I think I will call over to SB and ask them if they are still adamant about the residency (now in light of the McDonald decision). If they are, then I'll try in L.A. county.
    Good luck with the process. For SB county call the Sheriff's Employee Resources Division (they do the ccw stuff) and ask for Joyce. She should be able to get you the info you need.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    The problem that you have is that 2A didn't include a few little words that would have made a world of difference. "....keep and bear arms anywhere in the country and without any restrictions..." So, in the meantime you're going to have to stick with what State and Local laws read. Because if you are going to take the SCOTUS decesion quite literally and act now on it's implied meaning, you don't even have to apply for a permit.
    But it does say your right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Does that not imply that the right is inherent. The 2A does not give you the right to bear arms. The 2A assumes that the right to bear arms is a God given right, it merely tells Uncle Sam that the right cannot be infringed upon.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Nordyke case

The Nordyke case which challenges residency, good cause, and "may issue" was put on hold by the judge for 60 days pending the outcome of the McDonald case. That case came out of SCOTUS on 6/28, so the parties will refile their motions for summary judgment (at least that'e what I think they will file) on 8/28. Of course, I'm biased, but I can't see how you would not ruse in favor of Nordyke in light of McDonald/Heller.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage2521 View Post
    But it does say your right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Does that not imply that the right is inherent. The 2A does not give you the right to bear arms. The 2A assumes that the right to bear arms is a God given right, it merely tells Uncle Sam that the right cannot be infringed upon.
    2A is the only amendment that uses the words "infringed".

Move to kern county.

Has this ever been resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by sighere View Post
    I want to turn in an application. I have a place in Big Bear Lake (SB County) and am registered to vote there. I actually spend more time in LA County than I do in SB county. I know SB is "friendly" but they also require and verify full time residence, which I don't have. I understand a San Diego case has overturned the "full time resident" requirement, but this is very recent. Should I apply in SB or LA county? BTW if denied, my intention is to file a lawsuit based on the Heller and McDonald decisions.
    I am in the process of purchasing a place in Big Bear Lake for the sole purpose of establishing residency and getting my CCW which is close to impossible in L.A. I am 1 mile outside the S. B. County Line in Claremont and the Chief here has never issued. I am a retired L. A. County Firefighter and retired as a Battalion Chief in the Claremont, San Dimas, Glendora area and that still did NOT help.

I am very curious about how your situation has evolved since 2010.

Thanks in advance if you can shed some light on your situation!

Won't work. I have a place in BBL and thought that might be a good way to get a CCW. They send deputies to interview your neighbors to verify that you are not someone like me who owns property but is not a full time resident. They are especially suspect in BBL because there are lots of second/investment homeowners there. If you're retired and can spend a lot of time there you might be able to pull it off.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Best wishes to you, sighere! May God smile on your efforts.

(ex SB and LA resident, now in a must-issue state and lots happier for that and about a million other reasons)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links