Lost my CHP - Page 2

Lost my CHP

This is a discussion on Lost my CHP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yeah for those who dont know VA ccw permits are a joke. They are printed on slightly heavier than regular paper. they have name addy, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost my CHP

yeah for those who dont know VA ccw permits are a joke. They are printed on slightly heavier than regular paper. they have name addy, description of self (including weight). as soon as mine came in (3 weeks ago) I saw how simple is was, almost made 6 copies and had them laminated. I *would* keep one in the wallet all the cars and the house, and one in my holster. I don't know if its illegal to have multiple copies like a drivers license but i suppose if it is i'd rather have too many than zero. Havn't got around to checking if its legal yet so i havn't done it.

Administrator

I'm on so many renewals that they already had my S.S.# anyway since from before the optional SS# thing went into effect.

Actually, I have been carrying since BEFORE Pennsylvania was a "Shall Issue" State and the PA License was a 4"X5" piece of plain white XEROX paper with a passport type photo stapled to it and signed by the County Sheriff.
    Try to make a sheet of typewriter paper last for 5 years in your wallet back before you could laminate.

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    why on earth would you put your SSN on your ID card??? they cant even force you to give it to them because its a privacy act violation

VIP Member
    No offense but how in the hell did you lose it?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'd be concerned, not worried. Call your issuing agency and ask how to obtain a replacement. You probably are not entitled to carry beyond your home until you have a replacement, but make sure because laws are so variable from state to state.
    Nope....Open carry without a permit is perfectly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    So does a phone book or a city directory.

I wouldn't worry about it.
    Yeah, but a phone book doesn't have "Gun here" written in it....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by WhatGun View Post
    yeah for those who dont know VA ccw permits are a joke. They are printed on slightly heavier than regular paper. they have name addy, description of self (including weight). as soon as mine came in (3 weeks ago) I saw how simple is was, almost made 6 copies and had them laminated. I *would* keep one in the wallet all the cars and the house, and one in my holster. I don't know if its illegal to have multiple copies like a drivers license but i suppose if it is i'd rather have too many than zero. Havn't got around to checking if its legal yet so i havn't done it.
    I know exactly how you feel! I laminated mine and put it behind my license. I don't know the laws on copies, but you can call the State Police and they will happily answer any questions you have.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by WhatGun View Post
    In Spotsylvania County, they laminate it for you. That was great when you had to go by the courthouse to pick it up, but now they mail it to you, and I'm way to lazy to go by the courthouse to get it done. I just put clear celeophane tape (Scotch Tape) over it now.

What I don't understand is why you think you need several copies of it? Since you have to have your D/L with it to be valid, and you only have one D/L, it seems logical to me that you only NEED one copy of your CHP. Put it with you D/L and leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Yeah, but a phone book doesn't have "Gun here" written in it....
    Yea, that's true, but probably every third or fourth house in Virginia has a few guns in it, at least out here in the country where I live, so that doesn't make a whole lot of difference. When you figure the (1) odds that anyone will pick it up in the first place, after all it just looks like a piece of paper, (2) that someone dishonest will pick it up, (3) they'll act on it, it would be pretty far down on my list of things to worry about.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

How did you end up with two?
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Ohio's license has a box on back with 3 options:

Original
    Renewal
    Replacement
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    So does a phone book or a city directory.

I wouldn't worry about it.

So now whoever has his CHP knows his name and address and knows that he owns a firearm and he shouldnt be worried? What's wrong with that picture?
    PROGUN

Quote Originally Posted by JAMNMIKE View Post
    So now whoever has his CHP knows his name and address and knows that he owns a firearm and he shouldnt be worried? What's wrong with that picture?
    That's what I was thinking

I personally would be worried. On my license, it also has the make, model and serial numbers of the weapons that I carry, along with my address and thumb print. Yikes. I had to laminate mine because the color of my wallet started to bleed onto the license.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Since you only lost a copy of your permit you should be OK. BTW, where is the "original"? Anyway, the only thing I would worry about is the other info on many CC permits getting into the wrong hands. Here in Texas your state DL number is included on the handgun license as well as your photo, name, address, etc. and that could be used by people who are up to no good.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Administrator
    Members should call their local LEOS because some States do not allow copies to be carried and you must carry the original.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links