Gun Vault MiniVault

Gun Vault MiniVault

This is a discussion on Gun Vault MiniVault within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Will be vacationing in a couple weeks with several small children in one house and need to lock two guns up. Will the Gun Vault ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gun Vault MiniVault

Will be vacationing in a couple weeks with several small children in one house and need to lock two guns up. Will the Gun Vault MiniVault hold two hand guns or do i need to go up to the bigger size. I carry a browning hi power and my brother carries a full size 9mm glock( sorry dont know number). I normally have a much larger safe at the house, but obviously i cant bring that with me. just need something to lock both guns up while out on the beach.

Thanks

I would email GunVault directly. I don't own a MiniVault, but I do own a MultiVault. I can fit a Glock 19 with Streamlight TLR-3, Kahr PM9, Kahr MK9, Ruger LCP, Kahr P380 and a Seecamp .32 with plenty of room to spare.

should be able to fit both but it will be a tight squeeze. especially if you have extras mags. not the best if you need a gun in a hurry but should be ok. I can fit my taurus 92 and my glock 19 in mine in a ....yin & yang type position
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    should be able to fit both but it will be a tight squeeze. especially if you have extras mags. not the best if you need a gun in a hurry but should be ok. I can fit my taurus 92 and my glock 19 in mine in a ....yin & yang type position

The plan was to put them in yin & yang style without any extra mags in the safe. I just want to be able to lock them up while im on the beach and cant have it on me.

Try the Center-of-Mass.com In-Car Safe. They come with a security cable that can be wrapped around a bed frame or car seat frame. I've got two of the combo-lock safes and keep one in each vehicle. I've used one in a hotel room, as well, securing it to the hanger rack, which was a metal frame bolted to the wall. I paid right about $90, shipped and highly recommend them.

Each safe only holds one pistol, however. Thus, you'll need to purchase two.

HTH.

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

I have a stack on low profile for that very purpose. Stores
    2 guns with mags. No problem

the minivault will hold 2 just fine. and the multi vault will hold 4.
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    the minivault will hold 2 just fine. and the multi vault will hold 4.
    For clarification, the deluxe (double decker) multivault will hold 4 not the standard. The standard is a VERY tight squeeze for an XDm and PM9.

Mackers:

As to the mini. I don't have one, but I have a couple nano vaults. They will only hold one a piece and are the size of a hard cover book. You can get them with a key or combo lock. If the mini won't fit two guns, you could go with two nanos (NV300 is the combo lock version). They cost between $30-40 depending on where you find them. They come with security cables to wrap around base of car seat hotel bed, etc.

Senior Moderator
    Just for some size info, the mini-vault will hold two G17s. It can handle a full size 1911 and a G19. to your application: it will hold a full size 9mm Glock and a BHP - with wiggle room. My mini came with the security cable and I'm pretty sure that's standard.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Thanks for all your help guys. I appreciate the quick responses.

Do you already have the mini-vault or is that something you were looking at picking up? I can't speak to the mini... but I can speak to the micro. In my little micro-vault I can easily fit two hand guns, several reloads, a flash light and a pocket folder with room to spare. You have to get creative (I yin-yang my XD9sc & S&W 642 in there) but seems like there would be plenty of room for all of that with larger/longer handguns.

I have the mini vault and I do not put more than one in it...It's not wide enough to have them side by side, so depending on the vault's orientation, one weapon is laying on the other....
    Russell
    XD9 Service
    XD9 SC

Magazine <> clip - know the difference

I have the mini and I think you should be just fine. You will be able to fit them both. Just a matter of how you may have to turn/configure them. I keep a M&P 40 compact, S&W 2" revolver and an extra mag in mine.

Just wanted to put my 2cents in about GunVault. I bought 2 different size GunVaults back in 2007. Since then the electronic mechanism broke in both of them (that "whirring" sound they sent a notice about). Without hesitation they sent me two new safes. This year - 3 years later, one of the ones they replaced did the same thing. I called the company and again, without hesitation, they sent me a replacement. All I've had to do was take the nonfunctional ones to a UPS store and send them back postage paid. Definitely a stand up company.

dimensions are for minivault

8.1" x 4.9" x 12"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links