slight change in method of carry

This is a discussion on slight change in method of carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been CC'ing for roughly two years, off body in a MaxPedition bag. I've really liked it because I find it very comfortable and easy ...

Thread: slight change in method of carry

I've been CC'ing for roughly two years, off body in a MaxPedition bag. I've really liked it because I find it very comfortable and easy to carry. I also have a young child and therefore carry wipes, hand sanitizer, extra clothes, Uno, etc. so it's been pretty good for carrying. The thing is, it hasn't been the best option for carry at all times such as when dining casually where slacks are appropriate.

In the last month or so, I've picked up IWB holsters for my Taurus M85UL and SA XD9SC and I kind-of dig-it. It is so much easier than having to worry where the bag is at all times. Whenever I sat at a table, I would snap the bag around my waist. If I had to get up to do anything, I'd have to unsnap when getting up and snap when sitting back down. A slight hassle, but worth the trouble to be prepared.

Like anything else, I'm learning there are times and places for everything, sidearms and carry methods included. For ultra discreet in slacks and similar casual wear, the M85UL is ideal. I'm able to carry it wearing a Medium shirt without notice. When wearing a Large shirt, the XD9SC can come along. If shorts is the dress of the day, then the XD (large shirt) or carry bag will work.

Now, if I can only find a way to discreetly carry my 92FS, I'd be ready for pretty much any situation.

Deep Conceal, Ultra Carry Concealed Carry Holsters

Check out the Deep Conceal above. Beretta 92FS, nice, should ride pretty well in the above. I have one that works for my 40 S&W, it rides under the left arm and the extra clip is under the right. A loose button up shirt works well. Shirts are even available that use Velco under the dummy buttons to make it easier to reach inside. Just a thought. You could even convert your own shirt to do this pretty easily. Now, don't get too weighted down carrying all those guns. LOL
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

I was actually just kidding about carrying the 92FS. If I can carry that thing, I can carry anything. Great gun, but too big and too many other options available for a lighter/smaller carry.

The next thing I want to get is a good belt. I've seen other threads regarding this so I'll be looking/searching for them soon.

I started out like you using the max fatboy. Then I started IWB and found out how easy it was with the right holster. For summer I've been just pocket carrying my LCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flight View Post
    Deep Conceal, Ultra Carry Concealed Carry Holsters

Check out the Deep Conceal above. Beretta 92FS, nice, should ride pretty well in the above. I have one that works for my 40 S&W, it rides under the left arm and the extra clip is under the right. A loose button up shirt works well. Shirts are even available that use Velco under the dummy buttons to make it easier to reach inside. Just a thought. You could even convert your own shirt to do this pretty easily. Now, don't get too weighted down carrying all those guns. LOL
    +1 on this option, but I doubt it would handle your 92FS. I have one of these, and I use it quite a bit. However, there's no way it can handle my P226 (similar size/weight to the 92FS). It does take my Kimber Ultra CDP II quite nicely, but even my Glock 19 is too large for this option.

If you want to be ultra-discrete and yet still carry a "real gun" try a Smartcarry.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    If you want to be ultra-discrete and yet still carry a "real gun" try a Smartcarry.
    Yeah, I've read a lot of good things about the Smartcarry and may order one to try it out. I recently ordered a Comp-Tac as I've read good things about it as well, but it's not expected to be back in stock until the middle of August. No rush.

The other thing I've learned is that I prefer the SA 13 rnd XD9SC mag without a Pearce extension. The weapon just disappears under a shirt.

Sponsored Links