Chicagos new law

Chicagos new law

This is a discussion on Chicagos new law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Chicago's tough new gun ordinance goes into effect - Yahoo! News "The ordinance permits residents to have only one working gun at a time in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chicagos new law

Chicago's tough new gun ordinance goes into effect - Yahoo! News

"The ordinance permits residents to have only one working gun at a time in their homes and prohibits them from stepping outside, even onto their porches or in their garages, with a handgun."

Are you serious Chicago?
    It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?

keep your nose in the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

Well at least the bad guys will not be affected by this crap.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

They've been serious about it for decades. If people want change, they're going to have to get serious about it too.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Time to kick the bums out, 1 gun are they stupid?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
    (Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I believe there's already a court case files against these new restrictions. Some folks just don't know when to give up.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

This was posted in the comments section. I just had to share it.

Every lawful citizen should be allowed to own a gun, but this is not the wild west anymore. Gun-loving nuts grossly distort the Constitution to fit what they want. In reality, the second amendment doesn't even apply anymore. It was written before we had organized law enforcement, an Army, Marines, Coast Guard, etc, etc. Paranoid idiots always scream about their Constitutional rights, but I bet 95% of you don't know two lines from the Constitution other than "freedom of speech" and "right to keep and bear arms". Take time to read the rest of it and you might have a better understanding of what it stands for as a whole. And don't act like you're actually going to shoot someone if they attacked you. Most of these Commando wannabe's would piss their pants at the first sign of trouble. That's why they feel like they must have a gun at all times to begin with!

Wow, they are crazy!
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

"Guilty until proven innocent" in the courtroom.

We need a new mantra, "legal until proven harmful to other people's way of life" to apply to laws.
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    /facepalm
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

cmb
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Every lawful citizen should be allowed to own a gun, but this is not the wild west anymore. Gun-loving nuts grossly distort the Constitution to fit what they want. In reality, the second amendment doesn't even apply anymore. It was written before we had organized law enforcement, an Army, Marines, Coast Guard, etc, etc. Paranoid idiots always scream about their Constitutional rights, but I bet 95% of you don't know two lines from the Constitution other than "freedom of speech" and "right to keep and bear arms". Take time to read the rest of it and you might have a better understanding of what it stands for as a whole. And don't act like you're actually going to shoot someone if they attacked you. Most of these Commando wannabe's would piss their pants at the first sign of trouble. That's why they feel like they must have a gun at all times to begin with!

I wonder whose house this person will run to when someonw is attacking them? The police cannot stop the majoirty of crimes, they serve by investigating and hopefully apprehending the criminal so some lawyer can get them off on a technicality and ensure job security for goverment and increased legislation.

One working gun... no this one doesn't work... without pulling the trigger, here; let me show you!

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post

I wonder whose house this person will run to when someonw is attacking them? The police cannot stop the majoirty of crimes, they serve by investigating and hopefully apprehending the criminal so some lawyer can get them off on a technicality and ensure job security for goverment and increased legislation.

One working gun... no this one doesn't work... without pulling the trigger, here; let me show you!
    I would be interested to see what their definition of a working gun is. Heck, remove the magazine, it no longer works...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Some folks just don't know when to give up.
    You mean like us? Haha.

And that comment... Agreed Rollo, /facepalm
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    So the BG is safe as long as he assaults you on your porch or in your garage. I feel safer already.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I really hate it when people say "epic fail", but as for right now its all i can come up with for this
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Chicago politicians are just wasting more time and resources in creating new ridiculous laws which will spawn more law suits, appeals, and Supreme Court decisions. Why can't they just say enough and accept that the SCOTUS has decided that the constitutional right to bear arms cannot be infringed by the States or localities and focus on dealing with real issues for the public good? I guess logic and data showing the gun ban has done nothing to curb crime don't mean anything in Chicago. My guess is the criminals want to keep the gun ban and ridiculous laws, so they get out and vote to keep the people making these ridiculous decisions. Chicago should just put out an ad campaign saying, "criminals welcome."
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links