Application denial?

Application denial?

This is a discussion on Application denial? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi Guys and Gals, I was reading one of the other posts where it was stated that a down graded LTC in MA could lead ...

Question Application denial?

Hi Guys and Gals,
    I was reading one of the other posts where it was stated that a down graded LTC in MA could lead to having to state "denied" on all other applications for CCW permit.
    I had been thinking about getting an out of state CCW from NH but then I wasnt sure if I had been denied a license from MA when I lived there. I dont have a CCW now because I live in VT.
    I had applied for a class A LTC and the PO I talked to said he wasnt going to go to the Chief with the application because I didnt need a class A but he said he would give me a class B. I never went and got it because I thought it was stupid that I couldnt carry so why bother.
    Anyways, my question is, does this count as being denied because I never paid the money to have the application sent in or had my finger prints taken?
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    If you never applied (i.e. paid money, left an application) you were NOT denied. If you apply for LTC-A and get issued LTC-B (Downgrade) you were NOT denied.

Denied means they refused to issue you anything (LTC). Restrictions are not a denial.

You are in the clear according to what you stated here.

Thats what i would say if you never applied you weren't denied

Lead Moderator
    Denied? From what you said you never really applied.

Of course remember any "legal" advice you get on this forum is worth as much as you paid for it!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Thanks.
    I was thinking that but...I went to fill out the NH form and then I wasnt sure.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LenS
    If you never applied (i.e. paid money, left an application) you were NOT denied. If you apply for LTC-A and get issued LTC-B (Downgrade) you were NOT denied.

Denied means they refused to issue you anything (LTC). Restrictions are not a denial.

You are in the clear according to what you stated here.
    People who have filed for LTC-A/ALP in MA and received LTC-B or restricted LTC-A have filed appeals in court, claiming a "denial" of their license (reason: issued different from request). Judges have uniformly ruled that "a LTC is a LTC" and therefore if you received ANY LTC, you were NOT denied. I realize that this means that the judge has no f'n clue what the different LTCs are/mean, but since that has been their ruling, it definitely gives legal precedence for those that are downgraded to NOT report it forever as a denial.

If you have a discussion with a chief/officer about LTCs, don't like what you hear and don't bother filing the paperwork, that isn't a denial either. You can ONLY be denied IF you file the paperwork and they fail to issue you ANY LTC.

Links