Why is Delaware so stupid? - Page 2

Why is Delaware so stupid?

This is a discussion on Why is Delaware so stupid? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 500Mag Get an out of state permit from somewhere that Delaware recognizes. From the NRA-ILA website these states are recognized by DE: ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is Delaware so stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by 500Mag
    Get an out of state permit from somewhere that Delaware recognizes. From the NRA-ILA website these states are recognized by DE: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah. From what I understand Utah, Florida, and Texas are some good ones to have.

It's a shame there's no reciprocity with PA
    Unfortunately, if you are a Delaware resident, you must get a Delaware permit (at least, I seem to remember that packing.org had a letter from the DE Attorney General to that effect).

I live in PA, and my Florida permit works for me just fine in Delaware. But were one of my family back home to get a Florida permit, it wouldn't be considered valid since they're residents of Delaware. How much sense does that make?

Another of Ohio's "poison pill" provisions intended to sink the concealed carry bill prohibits individuals from obtaining a list of CCW license holders -- but permits the media to get them -- when CCW was finally passed here there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the media, who proceeded to print the lists.

Lead Moderator
    Just lots of hoops to try and keep people from defending themselves and getting some of their rights back.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Now you just go into the Sheriff's Dept - Hand over your Drivers license - wait for a quick computer background search - They call you up to the desk (as long as no felony's or anything shows up) - you pay 20 bucks - get your photo taken - they print out your Photo Pistol permit and your done. About 20 min's total in and out....
    Well, in Jefferson County, AL (Birmingham), you still have to get three signatures of those that will vouch for your character.

On the other hand, its only $7.50/year, and though "may issue" like all of Alabama, AFAIK Sheriff Hale issues to all that qualify (basically have no criminal record). Takes about 2 weeks for the background check, but after that I just showed up 1 year later and renewed my permit.

This from a former life-long Yankee from Maryland who never imagined a pistol permit was even attainable!

I LOVE it down in the South!

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Hmmm, Interesting. I assumed it was the same as in Mobile Alabama for the whole state. Thanks for the info...
    For God, Family and Country!

wow that totally takes away from the concealed part of the permit now doesnt it. Next you will have to post pictures of your weapons so some anti gun activist can say xxx pulled his 2 tone hk usp compact on me in the parkinglot of his house at this address. and get you charged with a felony.

Hi, I'm new to the board and this is my 1st post. I lived down in "lower/slower Delaware"(Seaford, Sussex County) for 14 years until I moved to Florida, what a difference!!! I remember when it was even tougher to get a permit than it is now. BTW any of you guys ever get down to Shooter's Choice in Dover?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links