spouses views?

This is a discussion on spouses views? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Poll: how does your spouse feel about your carrying? Cannot vote with the choices available in the poll. My wife and I both carry.....I simply ...

View Poll Results: how does your spouse feel about your carrying?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • he/she feels comforted by it.

194 57.91%
  • Indifferent, doesn't care either way

100 29.85%
  • Doesn't like it, and wishes I didn't carry

41 12.24%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: spouses views?

Poll: how does your spouse feel about your carrying?
    Cannot vote with the choices available in the poll. My wife and I both carry.....I simply nurtured a seed that was already there.

2. Remove Ads

My wife encourages me to carry.

She carries everywhere it is legal to carry also.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    My wife is ALL for it. We even went down as a family unit (Wife, 3 young kids and me) to the local sheriff's office to turn in my conceal carry license paperwork last week. I love that woman.

Looking to get her lined up with her CCL ASAP.

I dunno... my wife seems to swing from "I don't care" to "why do you carry all the time?" to "I'm glad you carry".
    If handguns cause crime, mine are deffective - Ted Nugent

She sees no need for personally-owned guns, and has told me "You make yourself scared."

Hmmmm, what a coincidence: a guy was shot and killed about 2 blocks from our house last night. I'll make sure she hears about it.

I guess it's easier to live in denial than to take prudent steps. That is, until one is confronted by evil, as yesterday's victim was.

My wife came with her own .357mag. She knows she's not proficient enough nor has the mindset to take another's life. She's better off not carrying until she learns that.

FIRST EVER DATE: Church.

Second date: Range

Wedding Present to the bride from her pop (at her request -- but not the brand or caliber--) HE GOT HER a Beretta M84 .380. She had requested a Colt 1911 45. She thereupon turned her eyes to MY 1911 -- the only gun I've ever given a name: "BETSY." Whoa! To pour oil onto troubled waters, I traded the .380 for a Colt Combat Commander 45 and it's been wedded bliss for the past 23 years. I got her a permit but she let it lapse since I was always with her and I always carry. HOWEVER:

Once I came home from somewhere a bit earlier than she expected. I opened the door and called "HONEY! I'm HOME!" She didn't hear that. All she heard was the door open and close. She called out to me and I didn't hear THAT. Next thing I know, here she comes, rounding the corner tactically, slicing the pie with her 45 locked into a firing grip just as I'd taught her. The second she identified ME the gun went down and the safety snicked ON. I was exultant! Most folks to whom I've related this story (other teacher friends and non gun folks) are horrified that I was "almost shot by my own wife" when no such thing was ever remotely possible. In fact I was pumping my fist up and down and yelling YESSSSSS! A KEEPER! Then I looked at her and whispered while gazing at the sleepy eyed Newfoundland dogs snoozing at our feet (120 pounds each, the both of them) "Honey, didn't the fact that the pups weren't EATING the intruder give you an idea there might not be a threat?" She looked down and said "I figured you wouldn't want me to take a chance." Again I'm whooping and hollering my excellent choice of a mate as the pups just yawn.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I don't have to ask. She likes that I carry most of the time. I occasionally get an eye roll if she does not "think we need it." The last few have revolved around me OC'ing with a horribly ugly set of swimming trunks though! What can I say, the CBST was not meant for swimming trunks. Anyway, she is scheduled to take the class for her permit this month!
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

It took a while, but I think she actually appreciates my carrying now...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I voted "indifferent" only because hubby also carries so really it's no biggie to him that I do as well!
    Manicures: $40
    Pedicures: $60
    Range time + ammo: $50
    Quality mother/daughter time: PRICELESS

Interesting. The majority of us have spouses who don't carry, but like the fact that we do. Congrats to all of you who are a "dual carry" couple! Sorry I couldn't include you in the poll, but my intention was to discover how the non-carry spouse felt about things. You folk that are married to sheep still have some work to do! Thanks to all for voting.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
    Ted Nugent

Mine knows I carry when I'm dressed. She asks sometimes anyway... Gotta love the concern!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED View Post
    I dunno... my wife seems to swing from "I don't care" to "why do you carry all the time?" to "I'm glad you carry".
    I feel your pain
    What the **** - How did I end up on this soapbox again?!?!?

my husband is somehwere in between likes it and indifferent.
    he doesnt not carry, but does enjoy shooting with me now and again. is glad that i am able to defend myself if need be, but personally doesnt feel a big need to carry
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

mine is coming around but really hates guns in general. Good thing she's pretty and smart.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links