MO CCW renewal time.

MO CCW renewal time.

This is a discussion on MO CCW renewal time. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I noticed my permit was due in a couple weeks so I went down to the sheriffs office with $50, filled out the paperwork, ...

Thread: MO CCW renewal time.

MO CCW renewal time.

Well, I noticed my permit was due in a couple weeks so I went down to the sheriffs office with $50, filled out the paperwork, got lunch, went to the license office, and picked up my new non-drivers ID with my new CCW on it.

Total time: 40 minutes.
    ‎"When the need for my gun is abated I will lay it down freely, but until that day comes not even Satan himself could pry it from my cold dead hands."

Quote Originally Posted by trekkiejt View Post
    Well, I noticed my permit was due in a couple weeks so I went down to the sheriffs office with $50, filled out the paperwork, got lunch, went to the license office, and picked up my new non-drivers ID with my new CCW on it.

Total time: 40 minutes.

if not mistaken new law was signed changes renewal fee to $10.00 .... effective well now that i cant remember.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

VIP Member
    The bill will take effect 28 August without emergency clause....

From here: http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/News....aspx?ID=14022

Missouri Governor Signs Important Pro-Gun Measures into Law

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fairfax, Va. — Today Missouri Governor Jay Nixon (D) signed into law HB 1692, a bill that includes several important pro-gun measures for the Show-Me State.
    “The signing of this bill by Gov. Nixon is a victory and important advancement for gun rights in Missouri,” said Chris Cox, NRA’s chief lobbyist. “We applaud this effort to clarify and expand the fundamental right of self-defense for law-abiding gun owners in the state.”
    HB 1692, sponsored by State Representative Jason Smith (R-150) and State Senator Jane Cunningham (R-7), expands Missouri’s “Castle Doctrine” protections to any property boundaries one leases or owns and caps the sheriff fee at $10 for Missouri right-to-carry permit holders who change addresses. The bill will also allow a prosecutor with a right-to-carry permit to carry in a courthouse and, with the judge’s permission, in the courtroom as well. This legislation will also bring Missouri’s gun laws into compliance with federal law, exempting antique firearms from “unlawful possession” citations.
    “While there is still much work to be done, I want to thank Representative Smith and Senator Cunningham for their leadership on this issue, as well as Governor Nixon for signing House Bill 1692,” concluded Cox. “ Law-abiding Missourians will greatly benefit from the efforts of all who worked to expand their Second Amendment rights.”

$10.00 for change of address, not renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOE View Post
    $10.00 for change of address, not renewal.

true.........

but back to the post ......... glad it only took you 40 min
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

When mine came due I happened to be in the sheriff office and told the gal up front that I needed to renew. She indicated to me that the new person doing them was in court that day and that if I came back the next day she could do it. I came back the next day and I was there about 10 minutes as she filled out the form on the computer. She then printed it for me and I drove over to the DMV office. It took about 10 minutes there also.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

GM
    That was very easy. Congrats.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I live in Boone County and went down to the sheriff to renew today. I handed them my Non-drivers license with the CCW on it, I paid my $50 and was given back a receipt with a date on it, nine days in the future. I signed two copies of the same form after verifying my information on it was correct and handed it back. I was then told that I needed to come back on or after that future date written on the receipt after they do another background check on me, and they handed back my Non drivers license.

So now it looks like another long drive down to the sheriff's office and back awaits me next Thursday. Joy. And then probably a trip over to the DMV. It's really nowhere as easy as the original poster led me to believe.

VIP Member
    Most MO County Sheriff's renew the CCW effective the day you apply and the expiration is 3 years from that date so you could lose days depending on how soon you apply for renewal. After the paperwork is entered in Mules by the Sheriff's office you can go immediately to the DNR to get your new ID card.
    Last edited by deadeye111; November 8th, 2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: clarification

Sponsored Links