Help.

Help.

This is a discussion on Help. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can't believe how much I missed this site when it was down. But now, I log in and it tells me I don't have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help.

Help.

I can't believe how much I missed this site when it was down.

But now, I log in and it tells me I don't have permission to view anything. But if I go ahead, it works, just not "New Posts". So I need to view at least one post, and then the option "New Posts" is available.

Firefox 3.6

Help!

OBTW: I tried to post this in forum issues, but it wouldn't let me access that forum.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Did you got to "read the Rules" ?
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Yeah, should I expect the rules every time I log in? (if it said that in the rules, then I am busted, and did not read [again] if not, disregard)
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

The site is jacked!

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

I get that when I first hit the site, then I just go up in the left corner and click on Forum and everything is there.

Get to the forum then delete the current DC icon on your desktop and drag the new one from the address line on top of your screen over to the empty spot on your desktop.

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInWV View Post
    I get that when I first hit the site, then I just go up in the left corner and click on Forum and everything is there.
    This is what works for me. But as Bumper asked, be patient, things will come and go over the next few days.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

GM
    Same here, I do not have permission view several things. Furthermore, I had a huge amount of bookmarks to different thread about things that I wanted to keep, but after the upgrading those links do not work anymore; guess if I am glad.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I had to click on the forum link, and update my bookmarks.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Myself, I had to click on log out. Then got redirected to sign in. Then entered user name and password, and here I am.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I had to click on the forum link, and update my bookmarks.
    Can you be more specific please? I do not see any alternative that allows me to update them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I log in and click 'what's new' and that takes me immediately to the new posts
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I'm guessing the new vBulletin tried to come with a site portal that you get when you first come to DC now, and it was disabled and is requesting a login from administrators. Then, when you click the Forum link at the very top, it takes you to the forum rather than the portal, which has permissions set already for everyone to view.

So if there is a portal at the beginning, it is a permissions problem that doesn't allow guests or regular members to view it. (If you try going to the home page it will tell you that you can't view the page)

Just a note for bookmarks, the main page of the forum was changed from http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/ to http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/forum.php in this version of vBulletin.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I went to "forum" and when that came up, I made it a "Favorites." Now I go directly to the Forum. I do find the ads popping up on every screen annoying, but I understand it helps pay the bills.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Can you be more specific please? I do not see any alternative that allows me to update them.
    On the top menu bar You click "Forum" which brings you to the front page of these forums. and then add that page to your bookmarks and delete the old one. if you use the old link to get here you cannot access anything.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links