G23 in Cross Breed supertuck deluxe

This is a discussion on G23 in Cross Breed supertuck deluxe within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone carry a G23 in a supertuck, I am thinking of getting one and would like to get some feedback from people who currently ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G23 in Cross Breed supertuck deluxe

G23 in Cross Breed supertuck deluxe

Does anyone carry a G23 in a supertuck, I am thinking of getting one and would like to get some feedback from people who currently have one. I have heard nothing but good things about the supertuck but have not been able to see one in person yet. Any feedback would be appreciated. I did try to search this however if I am bringing up and old question I apologize.
    NRA Member
    Glock 23

2. Remove Ads

I carry a G23 in a SuperTuck; I can't recommend it enough.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of me carrying, but if you like:

It conceals very well, and I'm a small guy 5'6"
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

My EDC is a Glock 23 in a SuperTuck. It takes a a little bit longer to put on than other options, but it's the most comfortable. I typically wear it with loose polos, tshirts, or like Fridays, a Hawaiian or camp shirt. It made it easy to carry a relatively fullsize pistol without modifying my normal clothing options.
    Knowing is half the battle.

i'm also 5'6", 150lbs. I got horsehide, though, since I'm in Texas. It was only $15, I figured it would be worth the cost even in other climates.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Also in Texas and was thinking the horse hide would be the way to go, is there any issue with printing? I have not been able to find away for my current holster to conceal my G23
    NRA Member
    Glock 23

I love the way they threw in the LifeSavers candy with the supertuck. Nice touch! Well I don't have a Glock but I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II and I just got the supertuck a couple of weeks ago. It was 107F here today and it was still easy to forget that I had it on. I have the cowhide black so I can't comment on the horsehide either. It keeps getting more comfortable the more I wear it. I will say that. The only thing I've noticed is that if I wear it at 3 o'clock (right handed) the bottom part of the holster will bother the crook of my leg if I sit for an extended period of time. That may break in on the holster though, not sure yet. But that seems to be the best place as far as printing goes especially if I bend forward slightly. At 4 o'clock, it is very comfy but if I'm wearing a T-shirt and bend forward slightly, it screams, "Hello! I'm carrying a gun!" So the best bet for me is wearing a darker, patterned shirt like aedinius is talking about, at 4 o'clock. The other thing I do for added comfort is wear a very thin "wife beater" tanktop. This doesn't allow the butt of the pistol to rub it's checkered grip on my side. Very comfy! I don't have the "combat cut" either but the grip does touch you even unmodified, especially if you like to wear it high and tight. However, the Glock does look like it would be a bit smoother around the grip and more comfortable on the bare skin than the Kimber. You can also read in the paperwork that comes with it, on how to adjust the retention too. Like zacii, I don't think you will go wrong with the supertuck but remember that if you don't have a good, thick belt you may draw your weapon and your holster at the same time if your pants are fairly loose and your clips on the holster can't grasp the belt properly. Sorry that I don't have a Glock but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in there.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    I carry a G19 in a SuperTuck. It is unbelievably comfortable for extended wear and it disappears under even a loose T-shirt.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I'm a small guy,5ft5 and 160 lbs.I carry a g19 in one,same size as the 23.I found that I couldn't carry at 3 o"clock as it would dig into my leg but I can carry at 4 or 4:30 rather comfortable so far.I just got it so I'm still trying to find my sweet spot. Once I find out where to carry it and the right cant I think it will be great.sj

I just bought the Galco summer comfort for my 23/19 as it hides and fits pretty well.
    http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...3619&GunID=334
    One more step and it's on!

Thanks for all the help everyone.
    NRA Member
    Glock 23

2 CBSTs 1 for a G23, fairly new not well broken in yet, and 1 for my EDC a Kimber Pro Carry2

Both are in horsehide. It works, on Wed. it was 98 here with 96% rel humidty, a 4 tshirt day, the sweat did not soak through just a ring of dampness around the edges. The holster became really comfortable after about 7 full days of carry. I think they would break in faster in the summer too. Here is my 1911s holster had it since Feb.

You can see the weapon rides securely in the same place every time. Here is the Glock, still breaking it in I have worn it on 2 separate occasions 1 eighteen hour day and the other for about 6 hours.

I found that as the holster broke in I could move it a little each day from the 4:30 - 5:00 position to 3:30. If your a skinny guy like me and start at 3-3:30 you'll regret it and quickly change it closer to 5:00, trust me
    Good luck
    Being shot in the process of committing a crime provides potent Pavlovian conditioning to the perpetrator.

I do
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    I love the way they threw in the LifeSavers candy with the supertuck. Nice touch! Well I don't have a Glock but I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II and I just got the supertuck a couple of weeks ago. It was 107F here today and it was still easy to forget that I had it on. I have the cowhide black so I can't comment on the horsehide either. It keeps getting more comfortable the more I wear it. I will say that. The only thing I've noticed is that if I wear it at 3 o'clock (right handed) the bottom part of the holster will bother the crook of my leg if I sit for an extended period of time. That may break in on the holster though, not sure yet. But that seems to be the best place as far as printing goes especially if I bend forward slightly. At 4 o'clock, it is very comfy but if I'm wearing a T-shirt and bend forward slightly, it screams, "Hello! I'm carrying a gun!" So the best bet for me is wearing a darker, patterned shirt like aedinius is talking about, at 4 o'clock. The other thing I do for added comfort is wear a very thin "wife beater" tanktop. This doesn't allow the butt of the pistol to rub it's checkered grip on my side. Very comfy! I don't have the "combat cut" either but the grip does touch you even unmodified, especially if you like to wear it high and tight. However, the Glock does look like it would be a bit smoother around the grip and more comfortable on the bare skin than the Kimber. You can also read in the paperwork that comes with it, on how to adjust the retention too. Like zacii, I don't think you will go wrong with the supertuck but remember that if you don't have a good, thick belt you may draw your weapon and your holster at the same time if your pants are fairly loose and your clips on the holster can't grasp the belt properly. Sorry that I don't have a Glock but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in there.

Had to do it!

I carry a GLOCK 19 daily in a CBST with a black CB belt, I am very pleased with this set-up. Loose t-shirts or retired/florida/mafia/camp style shirts are good also.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    [/B]

Had to do it!

I carry a GLOCK 19 daily in a CBST with a black CB belt, I am very pleased with this set-up. Loose t-shirts or retired/florida/mafia/camp style shirts are good also.
    LOL yeah I had to do it. But I figure that the CBST will hide and be pretty darn comfortable no matter what you carry and figured the OP may find something in there helpful. I just wish I knew how to post pics (other than just adding attachments) in here so they show up like in Chainman's post.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Host the pics on a free site like photobucket, then in your post choose the insert pic button and paste the hyperlink to the photobucket pick
    Being shot in the process of committing a crime provides potent Pavlovian conditioning to the perpetrator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links