No CCW at IDPA matches or shooting ranges in NC

This is a discussion on No CCW at IDPA matches or shooting ranges in NC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bigg Daddy Three things 1) I stated loaded firearm. 2)if they were carrying illegally concealed (nope guess i wouldn't see them) the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No CCW at IDPA matches or shooting ranges in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Bigg Daddy View Post
    Three things
    1) I stated loaded firearm.
    2)if they were carrying illegally concealed (nope guess i wouldn't see them) the statues you posted clearly state you CAN NOT carry at the gun show.
    3)Carry wherever you like it's only a misdemeanor when you get caught, If you have a situation that you had to use your weapon the misdemeanor is the least of your problems. If the shoot is found to be justified they can only charge you with the misdemeanor.the old tried by 12 rather than carried by 6 rule applies here.
    I think you are missing my point. 14-269.3 is not a concealed handgun/weapon statute. It prohibits the possession any firearm, loaded or not, openly or concealed, in a place in which 14-269.3 applies. If guns shows did not at least have a partial exemption for unloaded weapons in the possession attendees under 14-269.2 (b)(3) then anyone who walked past the entrance with a firearm in any condition would be subject to arrest.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

2. Remove Ads

Your right I did miss your point.
    But they do turn them into a paper weight with the zip tie ............ and we all know how hard they are to get off lol
    My 3rd point tells you were I stand.Bad people with bad intentions do not send you their itinerary before they cross your path.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I will give you that on IDPA, as you could probably spectate for free, thus it is not really admission, but at a shooting range it is very hard to distinguish that fee as anything other than admission (at least at the ranges I shoot at), you couldn't just walk out onto the range to observe, you are paying to get in.

I could say that to me I am not paying admission to the movie theater, I am purchasing the enjoyment of a movie, but lawyers and judges prolly wont see it that way.

I guess basically what I got from the NC carry class was that there are very few hard and fast rules. Carry where you want, where you want, but if you ever have to so much as draw your gun it will definitely end up in court to argue about some fine point of the law that is ill defined.

And you can shoot someone trying to break into your house and be okay... unless he gets in, once he is inside you have to meet a bunch of other requirements before you can use force... I just don't get that one.
    In our ranges here that I've been too, anyone can come in and watch. No charge.

And I'm willing to bet that most of the rules (which are laws) are indeed hard and fast. If you need them interpreted for you (not unusual) then you should do so. Because no one is going to buy your interpretation of 'paying to watch a movie.' Theatres I've been to expressly label the ticket booths with the word 'admission.'
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I feel sorry for you CCW permit holders in NC, after a brief review of places one can't carry, it appears that the only place one CAN carry is at home...what a bummer!
    Yes, sad and nearly true. States around us are quickly adopting less restraints on cc such as restuarant carry etc. But good ole D Ross in Raleigh makes sure that any pro-gun legislation gets locked up in committee. Hopefully, soon she will be sent packing. No pun intended.
    Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links