How to carry where.....

This is a discussion on How to carry where..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have seen a lot of threads lately about carrying in nontypical situations, bathrooms, gyms, etc... I thought it might be a good idea to ...

Thread: How to carry where.....

How to carry where.....

I have seen a lot of threads lately about carrying in nontypical situations, bathrooms, gyms, etc... I thought it might be a good idea to have one thread where people can post questions about how other people carry in situations that we don't encounter everyday; and when someone realizes that they carried in one of these situations they can post what they were doing and the ideas they came up with. If this is a dumb idea then mods please close.

Carrying while bowling; I ran into this one last weekend. I usually carry IWB about 4-5 oclock. My shirt rides up way too much when I'm bowling and I would have exposed my gun everytime I threw. So I excused myself to the bathroom and switched it to appendix carry. Not the most comfortable but I was able to keep it concealed and it was definitely better than locking it in the car.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    how bout carrying concealed while dancing in a club with strangers, whats the best way in potentially very close contact, and for bowling, i use a shoulder holster
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Try 3 o'clock, it lets you bend.

GM
    You do not tell what kind of gun you carry, but have you considered an ankle holster?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Smartcarry. It's akin to appendix, sort of.

I don't bowl. Unless you count Cheerios
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Smartcarry for the win. This is what I wore today and yes the t-shirt is a tad old but it's comfortable.

I got one of these a couple of weeks ago. It's great for all sorts of events/activities. I got it because I was tired of sitting on my gun on longer car rides (and my gun is too big for an ankle holster)..plus I needed something very concealed.

Anyway, this holster is great. You can bend, turn, twist, etc and it never shows and never gets in the way. The only caveat is that you almost have to wear a button up shirt--otherwise the draw would get complicated.

I'd imagine that bowling wouldn't be a problem..or dancing in clubs either. Unless you grind your side/armpit on the ladies when you dance...

I went bowling today and was wondering about how it would be while carrying, then I remembered that the bowling alley here serves alcohol and in Ohio we are still not able to carry anyplace that serves alcohol so it didn't really matter anyway.

bar

Quote Originally Posted by caubry89 View Post
    I went bowling today and was wondering about how it would be while carrying, then I remembered that the bowling alley here serves alcohol and in Ohio we are still not able to carry anyplace that serves alcohol so it didn't really matter anyway.
    I thought you could carry in a building that served alcohol as long as it wasn`t in the designated bar area and it wasn`t specifically a bar only.i could be wrong.

I'd imagine that bowling wouldn't be a problem..or dancing in clubs either. Unless you grind your side/armpit on the ladies when you dance...
    What? You don't like them hugging on you?
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

more info

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    I got one of these a couple of weeks ago. It's great for all sorts of events/activities. I got it because I was tired of sitting on my gun on longer car rides (and my gun is too big for an ankle holster)..plus I needed something very concealed.

Anyway, this holster is great. You can bend, turn, twist, etc and it never shows and never gets in the way. The only caveat is that you almost have to wear a button up shirt--otherwise the draw would get complicated.

Can you tell me who makes that shoulder holster? I have a cheap one from Ebay that is only good under a winter coat. The gun swings way to free and since it carrys the gun horizontal even my snub nose doesnt conceal all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Can you tell me who makes that shoulder holster? I have a cheap one from Ebay that is only good under a winter coat. The gun swings way to free and since it carrys the gun horizontal even my snub nose doesnt conceal all that well.
    Sorry I meant to post the website link in the original post: www.deepconceal.com

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk View Post
    What? You don't like them hugging on you?
    ewwwwwwwww thats a good way to catch coodies

Links