February 6th, 2005 07:26 PM
CombatCarry.com Forum Rules
The CombatCarry.com forums have grown tremendously and we thank all of you for being part of this community committed to concealed weapons carry.
In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, I hope each of you will take a minute and read "Our Rules" here or under the link in the blue navigation bar above. The rules are meant to reduce the amount of discord that is present in so many other forums and detracts from the purpose and value of the forum itself. This forum was created to be a resource for those of us that legally carry a concealed weapon and, where required, have obtained a CCW permit.
Every member is expected to follow the forum rules to participate. Where they are open to interpretation, the forum Administrator and/or Moderators will make the interpretation. If there are any questions regarding these rules, please feel free to contact any of the forum staff.
The following General Rules, policies and guidelines are in effect.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be tolerated. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering multiple accounts is not allowed. Multiple user registrations for one individual are not permitted. We have tools designed to detect multiple accounts and, when discovered, we will either delete or revoke one or all of these accounts, without notice.
- As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds on language are strongly discouraged. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked.
- Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You can disagree with other members, but it must be done in a well-mannered form. Attack the argument, not the person advancing the argument. Conflicts between members should be resolved off the forum.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is strongly discouraged. If you are so caught up in titles that you just can't contain yourself, let me know and I will artifically boost your post count for you. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts.
- Advertising and spamming are not allowed and may result in having your account removed. This includes using the forum email and Private Message system to spam other members. If any member receives this type of PM or email, please don't hesitate to forward it to me.
- We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we do not focus on these subjects in our discussions. We encourage you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus. We do not allow posts that violate CombatCarry.com's "reasonable" community standards. The forum Administrator and Moderators shall make the final decision on what does/does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities (for the purpose of promoting these activities) are not allowed whether they pertain to on or off topic subjects. Anyone in this category will be banned immediately. Banned posters may, under certain circumstances have their posts removed. If you quote or reference these posts in your own, they may also be removed.
- While we have no problem with you mentioning another forum or posting an occasional link to a particular thread in another forum, but we do not allow blatant advertising or bashing other boards/forums.
While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. Posts that are contrary to the above policies or to the mission of CombatCarry.com may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion. We're a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff.
Members are allowed (and encouraged) to post on topic pictures. It is preferred that you upload them here to prevent broken links resulting when the website hosting the pictures moves or removes them, but linking is allowable. Linked graphics will sometimes drastically slow down the loading of a thread/post. Please consider this when posting pictures. Threads with broken picture links will have the links removed as we come across them.
When you post pictures, the software will automatically thumbnail them. Clicking on the thumbnail will expand the picture to full size. The purpose of thumbnails are so you don't have to load large images every time you visit the thread unless you specifically want to see them. It also speeds the loading of pages, saves bandwidth and prevents large pictures from distorting the size of the thread causing you to have to scroll horizontally. Most people don't want to see every picture, every time they visit a thread. Please don't repetitively post the same picture over and over again. Once really is enough.
Avatars must not be in poor taste. Period. A size restriction is set at 125x125 pixels, with a maximum size of 50k.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed 150 characters. BB code is allowed, HTML code is not allowed.
If you are a regular contributor to this forum, and run a business related to our focus (concealed carry), you are welcome to mention products you sell as long as it is kept low key. If you sell from a website, we will be happy to place a link in our "Related Links". Mentioning your related business in the course of a thread is in no way restricted as long as it is relevant to the thread.
We will not, however, allow blatant advertising embedded within the forum topics. If you are not a contributing member, but simply drop buy to advertise, your posts will be removed.
Links in Signatures
Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not an affiliate program link. Promotional text for a commercial product or service is allowed, provided it is not considered blatant advertising or spam. Keep it low key.
Member "Off Topic" Discussions forum
All topics and posts must be related to concealed carry, firearms, and other related topics and placed in the appropriate forum. The Member "Off Topic" Discussions forum is where our members can gather to chat about almost anything, as long as it does not violate CombatCarry.com community standards. If you have comments or questions that are off topic or don't fit into any other forum, this is the place. Posts that get off topic in other threads may also be split and moved here or deleted.
A note on FREE SPEECH:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. However, CombatCarry.com is a private venture and requests that members adhere to all forum policies. It is a contract agreed to by all who become members of this forum. Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights. If you do not like the rules or feel you cannot follow them, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own.
If you feel you can abide by these rules, we hope that you join us on CombatCarry.com. We invite you to share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie. "Share what you know, learn what you don't."
The CombatCarry.com Staff
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.
Search tags for this page
combat carry .com
combatcarry.com first time carry
Click on a term to search for related topics.
» DefensiveCarry Sponsors