I think i need to give in to my wants and needs

This is a discussion on I think i need to give in to my wants and needs within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I love my XDM, and my Ruger, but lately, my heart has been craving a Glock 21, I don't know why, I have never ...

Thread: I think i need to give in to my wants and needs

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Ok, I love my XDM, and my Ruger, but lately, my heart has been craving a Glock 21, I don't know why, I have never been a fan of Glock's, but one of my LT's and I went shooting, and I enjoyed shooting it so much more than my XDM, perhaps it is the caliber, I carry a .40, the Glock 21 is a .45, but I gotta have one for CC. Would it conceal the same as my XDM full size in a OWB leather holster, or is there a one size fits all solution
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Ok, I love my XDM, and my Ruger, but lately, my heart has been craving a Glock 21, I don't know why, I have never been a fan of Glock's, but one of my LT's and I went shooting, and I enjoyed shooting it so much more than my XDM, perhaps it is the caliber, I carry a .40, the Glock 21 is a .45, but I gotta have one for CC. Would it conceal the same as my XDM full size in a OWB leather holster, or is there a one size fits all solution
    Wants and needs are most times, two very different compuslions.

I had no real need, but I had a want. I now own a shiny, new Glock 19. It is starting to grow on me, and is slowly replacing the Kimber on my hip.

Enjoy the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Perhaps it is the caliber AND the pistol? Sometimes it is good to give in to your heart's desires. More times than not mind you. It's what keeps us whole, and with a purpose in mind. The G21 is quite a chunk IMO. Carried one for a couple of years OWB under cover. Now that I've gone in other directions, I'm thinking the 21SF might have made it for me. Who knows? Thing is, it wasn't there when I needed it most. Maybe one of these days, I'll give it another go. There's just too man things on the list right now, and I need to learn to be completely satisfied with what I have and what I've chosen (and I am). Just that now there seem to be more priorities that keep me in my place and where I should be at the time. Do what's best for you. Get that Glock first, then worry about gear while you're selling your XD.

why sell the XDM, I'm upgrading it to a .45
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Slow down, friend. Dont' give into to impulses. I understand first-hand what it feels like to shoot another's weapon and say "I just gotta have that." I have usually regreteted it. If you want a 45, shoot as many as you can before taking the plunge. There are so many and each offers something different. 1911s are great, but I don't shoot them well. Glock's are tough as nails, but I hate the ergonimics. I found my niche in Sig weapons, specifically a Sig P220 Carry SAO. You'll most likely find what you like...but if you take my advice, it'll cost you a whole lot less.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.

J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    How about a Glock 30? More concealable than the 21 and will take the 21's mag for increased capacity if needed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    How about a Glock 30? More concealable than the 21 and will take the 21's mag for increased capacity if needed.
    +1 on that advice. Unless you OC, I don't see much advantage of the G21 over the G30. The G30 is one of the most comfortable to shoot and accurate guns that I own.

I do OC occasionally, but I do not particularly like the way the Glock 30 feels in my hand, My size helps me to conceal when I want to hide my handgun so concealment is not really a huge issue, however accuracy, and magazine capacity is

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Been considering a 30 for a while. Glad you reminded me!

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I carried a G30 for a short time, but found it's just too fat for me. (I'm fairly small) But I will say, it shoots like a dream!
    I switched to Kimber UC II, and a Sig P238 for a BUG.
    I just can't see anyone concealing a G21. That's a HUGE piece of hardware!
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
    Ted Nugent

Life is short buy the gun. That being said you might look at the Glock 36 .45acp most excellent all around cc firearm IMHO.
    Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not to be constrained by force.
    Flavius Josephus

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Dean View Post
    Slow down, friend. Dont' give into to impulses. I understand first-hand what it feels like to shoot another's weapon and say "I just gotta have that." I have usually regreteted it. If you want a 45, shoot as many as you can before taking the plunge. There are so many and each offers something different. 1911s are great, but I don't shoot them well. Glock's are tough as nails, but I hate the ergonimics. I found my niche in Sig weapons, specifically a Sig P220 Carry SAO. You'll most likely find what you like...but if you take my advice, it'll cost you a whole lot less.

Mean Dean is offering great advice here. Not only is there no sense in rushing, but you might find any number of other weapons that feel better in your hands. The Sig P220 is a great gun, though I don't own one I do own a Sig Mosquito and have an appreciation for the Sig weapons.

Slow down, fire a few different ones, purposely seek out several different weapons, before you settle on something.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    if you can afford it do it...dont regret not doing it lately...

theyre ugly...but they grow on you...

Sponsored Links