That warm, fuzzy feeling

This is a discussion on That warm, fuzzy feeling within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I meant to post this Sunday, but kept putting it off for some reason. Ever have two pieces of CCW related good news happen in ...

Thread: That warm, fuzzy feeling

That warm, fuzzy feeling

I meant to post this Sunday, but kept putting it off for some reason.

Ever have two pieces of CCW related good news happen in the same day? I did this Sunday.

1. My dad decided he wants to carry again. He originally got his TN HCP back in the 90's (before Tennessee became shall issue) while he was managing a bank. Since he retired, he let it lapse, thinking he had no reason to carry since he wasn't dealing with large sums of cash anymore. It's been a source of disagreement between us for years. Well, he's decided to join our side again.

2. There's this truckstop that I'm pretty much forced to stop at on one of my routes. It's been posted since it opened years ago. It's the only one in between Clarksville and I-40, so if I need a drink, food, fuel, or a bathroom somewhere in between those 70 miles, that's my only option. I always hated going in there, as I really don't like giving my money to any place that actively opposes lawful concealed carry (and signs have legal weight here in TN.)

So what did I see when I stopped in there Sunday night on my way to the MS border? That's right, nothing. He took his signs down. I have to wonder what was going on in the cashiers head as he watched me walk around to both entrances, inspecting them, then walked out with a smile on my face. I was just so glad I don't have to leave my handgun in the truck anymore.

Anyways, just had a good day Sunday and felt like sharing.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Maybe the owner took the recent S.C. decision as a sign of the times.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    That all sounds good to me. You almost never hear of businesses that have been posted that long changing direction.

I would just mention one thing regarding your dad, or anyone else who decides not to carry. I believe everyone of us has the freedom to choose whether to arm themselves or not. I don't hold it against somebody if they choose not to carry, or even own, firearms. I may not agree with their choice, but it is THEIR choice to make and I respect it. Obviously since he once carried, he is not anti-CC, he just chose a different path for a time. It is great that your dad has CHOSEN to take up armed self-defense again. I think we can all respect that CHOICE.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Glad your dad is carrying again. It's not only those that carry large amounts of money that get robbed. If that were the case, I could walk through downtown DC at midnight, alone.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Maybe the owner took the recent S.C. decision as a sign of the times.
    What recent S.C. decision?

I'm sure he's referring to McDonald vs. Chicago.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    I'm sure he's referring to McDonald vs. Chicago.
    How does that affect S.C. ?

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    S.C.=supreme court
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I too was assuming that S.C. meant South Carolina.

Links